View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 09:44 AM   #15
cch99
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Every basket is a swish now

At the end of the day it comes down to catering to the online crowd. Online crowd wants it to be all about stick skills with no randomness. I am shocked they still call fouls to be honest. That means half-court and beyond shots never go in. Greens always go in. They just make the green area smaller for guys with lower ratings.

I'm guessing Sim guys like most of us here would prefer ratings mattering the most and the user having some input even on shots but realizing you can still get lucky bounces. And, that a player like Shaq isn't going to hit threes at a high rate even If you green it every single time. So they added the shot contest and shot timing sliders. Unfortunately this "balance" they added leads to some really awkward rolls on the rim and basically knowing certain shots are never going in by a lucky bounce or due to rim physics.

I imagine a scenario where there are multiple sets of rim physics is not doable or they have to put resources where they feel are needed the most and haven't figured out how to do it.

One thing about playing 2k16 is it still had simulation or arcade as choices. Playing just one game there were a few things that stood out as I would say better sim-wise. Rim Physics, fast breaks, realistic steals without spamming the steal button.

Last edited by cch99; 01-26-2024 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove