View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 07:46 PM   #16
dowie
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

For those that try to "perfectly" emulate MLB #'s:

35 Complete games were thrown in 2023, and only 5 pitchers threw 200+ innings. Setting SP stamina's to 1 and hook to 10 (FOR SIM GAMES), will generate league-wide sim stats that will come within 3% to 7% of those #'s (so long as you aren't using a roster set where the creator has their own ratings formula). I've simmed dozens of seasons and know for sure those sim settings work.

Here are other 2023 MLB team averages:
swing and miss % = 21 to 25%
foul % = 13 to 17%
1st pitch strike % = 60%
overall strike % = 62-68 %
BABIP % = .300 - easy to find on-line BABIP calculators
OBP % = .320 - easy to find on-line OBP calculators
SLG % = .414 - easy to find on-line SLG% calculators
Batting Avg. = .250
Runs p/game = 4.5
hits p/game = 8.4
2b's p/game = 1.7
hr's p/game = 1.2
bb p/game = 3.25
strikeouts p/game = 8.6
stole bases p/game = .780
hbp p/game = .434
# of total pitches thrown p/ game = 146

HOF default (directional/classic/clean screen) plays closer to these MLB averages than people probably think.

Some areas where default HOF didn't quite "matchup" (on the cpu side) are the following: cpu slugging too low, cpu foul % too high, cpu runs too low, and cpu batting averages too low.

Won't bother posting what I think for the user side, because we all play w/ different teams and have different skill sets. The one thing for sure that didn't add up for me on the user side was that I was averaging more than 5 BB p/game. I'm patient at the dish for sure, but I was getting walks at an alarming rate. (with pitch speeds at 9). The cpu's strike % and 1st pitch strike % was within those MLB averages, and my OBP % was too, so I can't figure out why I can consistently get too many free passes?

I do know this, whatever Armor comes up with, I bet his 23 set will still play close to these MLB averages.

I'm just sharing this in case people want a statistical baseline to start from. I'm sorta in between when it comes to sliders.....1/2 eye test and 1/2 statistical output, so I do like to look at this data in case something is way off.

In Armor we trust!

Dowie