Old 01-09-2024, 10:10 AM   #107
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 4th & 1 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Most teams already do that as that’s something they work on during the offseason/camp. Go and watch those Rodgers’ Packers teams, he used to draw guys offsides every week with his hard count, even when Defenses “knew” it was coming lol

Defenses can try to be disciplined and just “watch the ball” but sometimes in that moment, you just fold as a DLineman.
What I mean though are the plays where they have no actual intent on snapping it. Instead, I wish they actually used those to have an intent, as to make the defense assume they won't when they actually do.

In the case of the Bills-Dolphins game, it was 4th & 1, and the Bills' first time out they simply do a hard-count before calling a timeout, then the second time out they go for it on the first hut and are stopped. What if, instead, on that first time out, they play it like they won't snap it, up until the three-second mark when suddenly the defense is on their heels and Allen gets his yardage?

Color commentators have said it themselves live during the play: "You know they won't snap it when they start doing crazy motions and audibles." I agree, and so does the defense. If you can get the defense to jump, then great. However, if you can get them to freeze, that can also heavily work in your favor. I'd just like to see an instance where they really make me believe they won't snap it, until they suddenly do at that most unpredictable time.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60