View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 10:28 AM   #1840
Mackrel829
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quick question about Line Height.

I don't know a huge amount about the Height, Width and Length sliders so forgive my ignorance in advance.

However, when I watch football in real life, I see teams pressing the opposition in their half regularly. When teams pass out from the back from goal kicks, opposition teams often set up almost on the edge of the penalty area to press the goalkeeper and centre backs. However, when I use the slider set posted, I can pass the ball around between my defenders in my own half pretty much at will without being pressed by the opposition players.

I bumped the Line Height up to 99 as a quick test just to see what the effect was, and the opposition pressed my super high up the field. Whilst 99 was probably overkill, why is the Line Height slider so low? What are the negative effects to raising it above the given value until the opposition press more realistically?

Note: I understand that the purpose of this slider set is not necessarily to create 'realistic' gameplay, so perhaps this is the answer to the question.

Thanks in advance!