Old 08-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #8
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: canes21 All-Madden Simulation Sliders - Madden 24 vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
I can’t stop the cpu run game. I give up a lot of big runs. Anyone have any advice to stop the run?
Washington is my team, so the bulk of my games have been played with them, so I typically have the advantage at the LOS in terms of ratings with that DL they have which means it's usually a little easier for me to stop the run. However, I would say play the numbers game. You may have to give up a little something in the passing game to stop the run, but that's football.

If they are in 11 personnel, maybe you need to go to a base formation(4-3,3-4) to have the size and numbers advantage in the box. If you don't want to leave your nickel formation, then pick something that either is a 1-high look like a cover 1 or cover 3 so that you rotate a safety into the box, or pick something like a cover 4 that has the safeties stepping up to help with the run quicker.

Obviously, if you're desperate you can run blitz and hope it pays off. That can lead to a big play if you don't hit the right gaps. My go to move to counter the run when I am getting torn up is to go with a base defense and rely more on zone defenses, a lot of cover 3 looks, honestly. This allows me to have my front 7 in the box along with a safety rotating down near the box. 8 hats in the box should contain a running game a bit better unless it's just one of those days. If you're doing this, you'll be more prone to getting beaten through the air, but like I said, that's football, and there's a reason the best offenses can run when they need to and can pass when they need to. That's the ultimate balance all teams wish they had, but not many actually do.

― Plato