View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 09:16 AM   #16
TheBrew101
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

I played the game for a couple hours last night as part of trial on Gamepass (EA Play). My impressions:

Gameplay: Very similar to SMB3. This is a good thing on my eyes. If you liked SMB3 gameplay, you will be right at home.

Sound Effects: There seems to "be a lot more going on" with the sounds. I don't see this as a positive or negative. Some may prefer the older style. One thing I didn't like was some of legends names were not pronounced correctly.

Franchise: Only played a few games but liked the manager moments and decisions that popped up. Think this will add a fun element.

Legends: Huge disappointment for me. I was excited to use legends in the game. However, most have zero resemblance to their real life counterpart and they share the same batting stances as other players in game (no uniqueness or likeness to the legend). I could go in and create a player, stick a real MLB name on him and he would not be any different than 70-80% of the Legends in the game. I wasn't expecting face scans but I was expecting the ability to see the caricature of the Legend and be able to tell who it was.

Creation Sharing: I'm not seeing any option for this. This is another disappointment for me. In SMB3 for PC you could download user created items (I had used a MLB user roster and logos). I was hoping for something like this on console (like MLB The Show roster and logo vaults).

Haven't tried online stuff.

Overall: I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. Game isn't bad by any means and I think it is a step up from SMB3....but it is a very small step in my opinion. It has gone from must buy to likely waiting for sale price for me (not sure yet....will see how I feel after 10 hour trial).