View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 02:38 PM   #230
SituationSoap
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I know by today's standards my system is way in the back seat, but I can't say it struggles badly with current-gen games... at least not the ones I play in 1440p, or less. It can run PGA TOUR 2K23 at 1440p/60 FPS, with the detail settings at high. It runs Automobilista 2 and Forza 7 in high detail at 60 FPS in 1080p. I figured it would at least run EA Sports PGA Tour in medium to low detail at 60 FPS in 1080p, but it struggles to maintain 30 FPS at low detail settings there.

I was in no way expecting to run EA Sports PGA Tour in 4K, at any graphics detail settings on this PC gaming fossil on which I game. I'm just surprised at how the game underperforms compared to other current-gen games running in the same res.
Your problem there is that all the games you're using as reference points are last-gen games. PGA 2K23 is the same underlying engine as The Golf Club 1, which was released on XBox One (and 2K23 still runs on Xbox One). Forza 7 was an Xbox One game. AMS2 is based on the Madness Engine, which was originally released with Project Cars, an XBox One game.