canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 23 - the impacts of your quarter length settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
95 thresh, right?
As of now, but the problem exists on any value I have played on in the retail version and beta.

I just completed my first game with accelerated clock off, 10 minute quarters. One game, small sample size. Prescott still ran around and threw off platform too much for my liking, but he only turned the ball over 1 time compared to the 4+ you will normally see.

What did stick out was how much more committed to the running game Dallas was. Every game I have played so far, 30+, since release with accelerated clock on, the CPU has never had less than a 2:1 pass to run ratio. This game was near a 50:50 split. That's a positive and hopefully something that will persist with accelerated clock off and isn't just a coincidence.

And for anyone who is reading this thread, but hasn't played with accelerated clock off. Even with the setting off, the game still knocks time off the clock to simulate huddling up. All accelerated clock does is make that runoff a consistent time, but with setting off the game will dynamically choose an amount of time to runoff relative to what happened on the field the play before. A 3 yard gain leads to something like 12 of the 40 seconds being ran off. A 18 yards pass leads to something like 16 seconds being ran off. So times don't get too wonky with the setting off.

― Plato