Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Off Topic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Incoming rant

Spoiler
As someone who posts these stats at times where I feel they are worth referencing I will say I've never once used any of those stats to try to sound like the smartest person in the room or any of that other stuff you've said along those lines.. Hell they aren't my stats, I'm not the one coming up with them lol so I feel no smarter mentioning them than I do any other stat.. I use them for the same reason I use any other stat-line from bball ref or ESPN or wherever, because they available to be used and relatively easy to find.

If I had the time to watch all 82 games for all 30 teams, dissect every play to see how and why a player did what he did, I probably would feel a bit less inclined to use them quite as much.. But yeah if I'm trying to split hairs and shuffle through the grey area of players that maybe I've watched 20 games of then I'll use every thing at my disposal to draw more to compare with. Every player looks great in the highlight reels or when watching condensed versions of games.