View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 06:26 AM   #20
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2022 Fitness Adventure

I had absolutely zero goals going into my three-mile days this week, and even on each day sometimes I'm telling my legs: "It's okay, just make sure you finish." And yet, something is happening where I seem to be, you know, "getting more in shape" and improving. Below were my times.

Monday - 18:29*
Tuesday - 18:20**
Wednesday - 18:12
Thursday - 17:50
Friday - 17:47

* I dropped my phone (which I use to time with) in my 10th lap. I had to pick it up circling around my 11th lap, which very much could've added two or more seconds and even more so messes with my psyche. It felt so strangely naked not holding onto my phone or hearing my music for that next lap, plus bending down mid-run after 2.5 miles isn't an easy recoup.

** There were soccer teams warming up before a game on this day, and our team's bench and player equipment leaked into at least the first lane on one side of the field. I can imagine that over 12 laps of duration that can add a little time, especially if players are walking by sometimes with zero disregard for my run and I throw in a little detour. I also battled a treacherously strong wind on this day and Wednesday coming around the turn for the home stretch every time, which can explain why I improved so much Thursday and Friday.

Today's run was really nice regarding consistency. If 18:00 is a 6:00 mile average and therefore a 1:30 lap average, my worst lap here was 1:30.45 on lap #6. My best lap (and mile) is always my last one as well, and today it was 1:21.47.

There is absolutely no real translation between the runs here and my mile runs, other than I am getting a little more "in shape" overall for it and I think I keep building up a mental will. However, this next week I could be nearing that 5:00 time even more so. Monday's three-lap time will be really telling of how close I'll be, and honestly I do zero favors for myself doing my Tuesday workout right before Wednesday's mile. It seems I play a little more long-game with it rather than just seeking that absolute best time possible.

This next week I also have school off, so I may be trying some early morning runs in place of those mid-afternoon runs. I may even transition that over to starting to run before school coming out of this break so I can use my 6th period prep for other means, especially for my softball team.

Anyway, thanks for reading my journal entries! As much as I'd like to break the 5:00 mile time, I don't know what is in store for me to break my 4:50 personal best (and last timed mile in high school) that I did my sophomore year. I'd love to Blze past that 15-year-old McFluffin for sure as I'm going on 34 years of age.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-19-2022 at 12:34 PM.