View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #29
Madden08PCgmr
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Purchases Metalhead Software to Grow Super Mega Baseball Franchise & Develop O

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It is ashame how bad EA Sports reputation has gotten over the years. The height was in the 6th generation and it went down hill from there. Especially in this era where we down to 3 major publishers for sports games(not counting racing games). One positive is that at least EA Sports is trying to expand its portfolio with this, F1 racing, College Football, and PGA Tour. We don't even know about the future(if there is one) of NBA Live. As a whole, this past decade of EA Sports games have been lackluster. It's easy to blame UT, but other companies use them as well. EA Sports issue is that they provide the depth you see in other games. I still don't like the idea of forcing Frostbite on most games outside of UFC.
It is deserved, in my opinion.

I can't remember the last time they came up with something original. They just buy ideas. Although, I guess the real shame is, that ingenuity is up for sale in the first place..

I don't think this industry will truly improve until this nonsense stops.