View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #47
daveberg
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Wow, it's amazing what a few authentic recordings of an organ can do for a game! They need to read this thread!!! They honestly could go on youtube and steal some sounds from games and enhance them pretty easily. I thought 2k12 had it pretty close to this. Not of that level, but it was as close as they gotten to duplicating this...
Ever since 2k13 the legends arenas have been completely devoid of life. The colours and lighting are flat and there are almost no arena/music cues that play during the game apart from the generic 'CHARGE!' that you hear in just about every arena in the game. 2K11 & 12 had the arena's NAILED in terms of sound. Wish I still had audio recordings of the 89 Pistons court - that was tight as hell!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
they also need to do his famous "eyes closed free throw" haha
I'm ashamed I didn't even think of that. I revoke my MJ fan status, effective immediately ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JwP23
Hope 2K change the FT form for the pre-95 MJ (FYI, he kept this from during 95-96 as well). As you can see, prime MJ raises arms and bend knees AT THE SAME TIME when shooting FTs. Just don't get how basic things like this have not been fixed yet.

Also, hand size and mental strength should matter in the game especially for MJ. The ball should be somewhat glued to his hands because of his gigantic hands, strength and mentality. Even when he literally gets smacked on the head by multiple defenders or shoved in mid-air for a potential injury, the dude just doesn't lose control. It's sad how 2K act like MJ is some soft generic superstars that you see today so that kids can own MJ with their favorite players in the game.
100% agreed. Jordan could do incredible things with those huge mitts, which is why I firmly believe he needs his layup package reworked to include some of his more famous one handed layups, c'mon - MJ was the KING of circus shots, he deserves far more attention!

Hell - the layup below was actually IN 2K11 and they removed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (150.7 KB, 214 views)