Home

LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

This is a discussion on LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #41
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: LEGENDS Thread - NBA 2K18 & beyond: (Accessories, jerseys, sig styles etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I know it's wishful thinking to want the level of detail across the board for all these legends...... but it'd be nice to see the game head in that direction.

Details, accessories, signature stuff, faces etc.

If I see MJ nailed like he used to be then we know they're grinding in that direction. Surely it starts there (GOAT)......DYING to see MJ in 2K18. Right now we're in that sweet zone where it's still possible......

Currently with the freelances (triangle) probably as strong as they've been, triple threat getting some love in 2K18..... using MJ could be pure JOY if his digital likeness gets the love..... MAN!

Loving the fresh thread Daveberg!
Had to be done, brother!!

Right there with you, of course, in regards to MJ - REALLY want them to look into updating his dunk/layup package - it's a almost a sin not give the GOAT special treatment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJLEAN.jpg (231.8 KB, 247 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #42
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Just dug these out from an old channel of mine - made a small video illustrating how accurate arena sounds would make all the difference for classic teams.

I recorded most of the in game audio from 2k11/12 with a couple of extras found else where and overlayed them in 2k16 - MUCH better. Hoping they've given us more accurate arenas this year!!

Further to that, a short video of some of the after basket celebrations we should see from MJ in the game - from the fist pump, to the finger licks, the back peddling jog and the smiles!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJCELEB.jpg (258.9 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by daveberg; 08-17-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #43
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Just dug these out from an old channel of mine - made a small video illustrating how accurate arena sounds would make all the difference for classic teams.

I recorded most of the in game audio from 2k11/12 with a couple of extras found else where and overlayed them in 2k16 - MUCH better. Hoping they've given us more accurate arenas this year!!

Further to that, a short video of some of the after basket celebrations we should see from MJ in the game - from the fist pump, to the finger licks, the back peddling jog and the smiles!

Wow, it's amazing what a few authentic recordings of an organ can do for a game! They need to read this thread!!! They honestly could go on youtube and steal some sounds from games and enhance them pretty easily. I thought 2k12 had it pretty close to this. Not of that level, but it was as close as they gotten to duplicating this...
Old 08-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #44
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg

they also need to do his famous "eyes closed free throw" haha
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #45
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Shoot I'ma hold my breath as long as it takes. i just can't see 2k doing something big like this without them included on their teams.
Same here, hoping all that VC income has been going towards signing those dudes.

You can't do an ALL TIME 30 franchise roster without the biggest names on each team right?.. Right?

Hype train for those last 4 teams is going to be NUTS on here lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hope 2K change the FT form for the pre-95 MJ (FYI, he kept this from during 95-96 as well). As you can see, prime MJ raises arms and bend knees AT THE SAME TIME when shooting FTs. Just don't get how basic things like this have not been fixed yet.

Also, hand size and mental strength should matter in the game especially for MJ. The ball should be somewhat glued to his hands because of his gigantic hands, strength and mentality. Even when he literally gets smacked on the head by multiple defenders or shoved in mid-air for a potential injury, the dude just doesn't lose control. It's sad how 2K act like MJ is some soft generic superstars that you see today so that kids can own MJ with their favorite players in the game.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 200w_d.gif (150.8 KB, 218 views)
File Type: gif giphy.gif (4.39 MB, 222 views)
File Type: gif giphy (1).gif (3.86 MB, 216 views)

Last edited by JwP23; 08-17-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #47
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Wow, it's amazing what a few authentic recordings of an organ can do for a game! They need to read this thread!!! They honestly could go on youtube and steal some sounds from games and enhance them pretty easily. I thought 2k12 had it pretty close to this. Not of that level, but it was as close as they gotten to duplicating this...
Ever since 2k13 the legends arenas have been completely devoid of life. The colours and lighting are flat and there are almost no arena/music cues that play during the game apart from the generic 'CHARGE!' that you hear in just about every arena in the game. 2K11 & 12 had the arena's NAILED in terms of sound. Wish I still had audio recordings of the 89 Pistons court - that was tight as hell!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
they also need to do his famous "eyes closed free throw" haha
I'm ashamed I didn't even think of that. I revoke my MJ fan status, effective immediately ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JwP23
Hope 2K change the FT form for the pre-95 MJ (FYI, he kept this from during 95-96 as well). As you can see, prime MJ raises arms and bend knees AT THE SAME TIME when shooting FTs. Just don't get how basic things like this have not been fixed yet.

Also, hand size and mental strength should matter in the game especially for MJ. The ball should be somewhat glued to his hands because of his gigantic hands, strength and mentality. Even when he literally gets smacked on the head by multiple defenders or shoved in mid-air for a potential injury, the dude just doesn't lose control. It's sad how 2K act like MJ is some soft generic superstars that you see today so that kids can own MJ with their favorite players in the game.
100% agreed. Jordan could do incredible things with those huge mitts, which is why I firmly believe he needs his layup package reworked to include some of his more famous one handed layups, c'mon - MJ was the KING of circus shots, he deserves far more attention!

Hell - the layup below was actually IN 2K11 and they removed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (150.7 KB, 214 views)
Old 08-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #48
MVP

daveberg's Arena

One thing that led me to trade in 2k17 was the utter lack of any kind of retro shoes. On first look, it appeared that tons of them had been removed that were formally present in 2k16.

I'm hoping that with all the new classic team additions, we can get some 'new' retro kicks to flesh out the look of the players - here are some I'd love to see make the cut:

(I'm aware the Maestro used to be in game, but was removed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kicks.jpg (169.4 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Kicks 2.jpg (130.1 KB, 190 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »