Old 09-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #13
jd@os
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Nba 2k17 on ps3 is like 2k15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Tell me then, what could the reason possibly be? Self inflicted punishment and un enjoyment and despair?
Editing capabilities.

I'm not saying PS4 can't do this; I'm just not aware that it can. I can afford a PS4, but I stuck with my PS3 and NBA 2K13 because of the editing capabilities with RedMC and Leftos, like

*giving the 96 Bulls the black pinstripe jerseys and shortening their shorts length to reflect the 90s (and doing that with other historic teams who have alternate uniforms belonging to the current version of that team)
*giving arenas their real names, and not "Knicks Arena"
*giving historic teams their real coaches (like Bulls of the 90s having Phil Jackson and Jim Cleamons)
*creating players and giving them cyberface lookalikes instead of generic faces, or giving them their coaching faces, like Mark Jackson of the 1998 Pacers
*spelling out the name of teams on the scoreboard ("Los Angeles" instead of "LAL")
*maybe most of all, I have a virtual "real" Charles Barkley on the 76ers and the Suns

Creating college teams with authentic and accurate looks is the only selling point to me for PS4, but if you can do everything I mentioned on next gen (which again is possible--I'm just not aware that you could) then I would buy it tomorrow.