View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #27
crusaderhoops10
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Offensive rebounding

Just played another game, this time as the Timberwolves vs. Charlotte. I used rebounding POE from the start, both for offensive and defensive. I didn't get killed on the defensive glass and my team is still able to run so once again, I don't see why not emphasizing this every game. There were of course a few instances, one that really bothered me, when I personally boxed out Marvin Williams with Gorgui Dieng only to have Marvin jump over me, get the board and quick putback. I never had a chance. But whatever, every now and then it's not a big deal.

Offensively, while I got more offensive rebounds, with Pekovic in particular, it just doesn't seem worth it. Even Pek really struggled to finish inside. I had 1-2 quick putbacks but it seems when you're under the rim, just pressing square is simply not enough. I guess you've got to really work to shoot while a guy isn't in decent position defending you. CPU rarely goes for pump fakes this year too so that's not enough either. I figure this is the case to make it tougher for online play but it's pretty annoying, especially when the guy challenging your shot so that you miss is doing so from behind you when it looks like you have the advantage.

Again, I think the more I get used to the game, I'll start to figure things out. I'd advise using the POE and working as hard as possible to keep everyone in position. It was a little bit easier playing Charlotte because I just controlled Wiggins on defense mostly since MKG is no threat to shoot from the outside.