View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #24
st0rmb11
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: All-Time Wrestling Draft Results and Discussion (Poll Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Here’s my quick breakdown on each company… and again these are just MY thoughts from my limited perspective.

st0rmb11
The first thing I looked for in the draft is to see where HBK went, and I was shocked to see he fell to #4. Shawn isn’t my favorite wrestler ever, but I don’t deny that he is the best combination of ring and mic skills ever. Your roster is filled with workers who can flat out entertain. DX, Punk, Booker, Christian, etc. You also have an in-his-prime Goldberg which was a nice touch. I also love your mission statement in that you gave a feel for what you’re about. The biggest problem is the bottom half of your roster is filled with guys I really don’t care about, prime or not (Kofi, Regal, Rikishi, Holly, Test, Abyss, etc.). A few of these guys are good, but too many in an all-time draft didn’t do much for me. I do appreciate your inclusion of the women though.
Regal & Holly provide incredible work rate. I could send them out there every night, if needed. And I think you're sleeping on Regal's in ring ability and capability of putting on a great match. I got Kofi for the countless matches I can put him in with ECW era RVD, A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, CM Punk, etc. He gives me just another super athlete that can add to my already loaded "X-Division". I got Abyss for the "monster" factor. Rikishi was a huge fan favorite during the early years of the era that I got him during, but I also got his uber heel years, as well. I got Test for one reason, really. His years overlap with Triple H's, so I can recreate their feud. I had planned on taking Stephanie McMahon, but missed out on her. That would have made the Test pick look a lot better, I believe. Not sure what other guys you include in the "bottom half" of my roster, but every person I drafted was for a reason. You need "bottom level" guys in your organization - if you have 25 guys that are all "top tier" guys, you lose the ability to enhance talent, and you have no happiness in the locker room with that many "main eventers"