View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #21
vtcrb
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2011-12 Big East Thread

Not sure, but I think Big East Basketball will go on. I mean you have Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Providence, Seton Hall and DePaul who dont' have BCS Football teams. That is 7 teams right there. Then you have UConn, West Va, Notre Dame(independent in football), Louisville, South Florida, Cincinnati and Rutgers. TCU(comes next season). That is 15 teams right there and still a good Basketball Conference. Then they have leverage to make Notre Dame join football conference giving them Louisville, Notre Dame, UConn, West Va, TCU, Rutgers, South Florida in football. So then it gives them Leverage to bring in another school(s) for Football and Basketball, maybe Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, Baylor, but if this happens they need to re-align Basketball. Here is my Realignment Idea.

Football- Notre Dame, Louisville, West VA, UConn, South Florida, Cincinnati, Rutgers, TCU, Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, Baylor

Basketball- Marquette, Villanova, St.Johns, Georgetown, Plus 12 teams from football

I know this is cutting out Seton Hall, Providence,DePaul but they really haven't added much to the Conference lately.

Just my random idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove