Old 02-24-2010, 12:46 AM   #82
Lintyfresh85
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: WWE: NXT Thread

Thoughts:

- Great first episode.

- They need to explain how you 'win' this show. So far it just seems like another WWE show, and not a 'competition' as they hyped it.

- Striker looked like he was going to make Brian cry backstage after his first promo.

- First I've seen of Bryan outside of some ROH video. I liked him... but... but... he needs to get rid of his nervous smile. Now. Hopefully it was first show nerves.

- Cole and Matthews were hilarious on commentary. Get him Josh!

- Could have done without the new, lower level camera angle. It certainly gives the show a fresh look... but I'm not a fan.

Thoughts on the characters:

- Tarver: Loved his look, and loved his promo. He seems to have 'it'. Wasn't too impressed with his in-ring work... but I think he certainly has potential.

- Slater: Just no. I didn't connect to this guy at all. I felt like he was interchangeable with tons of guys that have been on WWE in the past.

- Young: Absolutely hilarious. His pairing with Punk was one of the funniest segments I've seen in WWE in a long time. Need to see his character to see what he's all about.

- Otunga: How can you not be impressed by this guy? His charisma was off the charts. His wrestling? Not so much. I'll definitely give him some time to grow in the ring. I really liked him.

- Barrett: My favorite going into the show... and nothing changed. This man is a walking, talking, wrestling promo waiting to happen. I hope he can go in the ring just a bit... because if he can, look out, he could be a big time star.

- Bryan: I'm wishy-washy on him. First things first, I had no clue he was so small. Jericho towered over him... and Jericho is small for WWE standards. I liked what I saw of him in the ring... but man... please lose the smile. It was creepy and I didn't find him entertaining or convincing while he was speaking.

- Sheffield: N/A... didn't make it on the show.

- Gabriel: N/A... didn't make it on the show.

My NXT rookie ratings so far:

1. Barrett
2. Bryan
3. Otunga
4. Tarver
5. Young
6. Slater
7. Sheffield (N/A)
8. Gabriel (N/A)

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.

Last edited by Lintyfresh85; 02-24-2010 at 12:50 AM.