View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #81
TimmeH
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30
Re: WWE: NXT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Do you think he was better off going to TNA?
I don't know if I'd go that far.

He's already been booked better on NXT than he ever would have been in TNA.

He's wrestling in front of thousands of people 2-3 times a week rather than a few hundred in the iMPACT Zone

He's probably getting a nicer paycheck than he would have in TNA.

He may have had more longterm success in TNA and may have been more entertaining, but with TNA's booking, that's not even guaranteed. He'd only get pushed until the next WWE star was released for TNA to sign. And seeing as TNA really isn't that popular(ECW-level ratings), I don't know if it would really be that big of a step up from his Indy/Japan success.

Personally, I'm happy for Danielson and hope he becomes a 22 time World Champ. He's an awesome talent and is getting a chance to show it in the mainstream. I just have a bad feeling that Vince isn't going to buy into him, and he's going to get lost in the shuffle fast. I hope I'm wrong.

He wasn't bad tonight, it just seemed obvious that he was a bit nervous. It is kinda a big jump for a guy to go from the indy scene to being the focus on a brand new television show run by the biggest wrestling company in the world. I think he'll get better as the weeks go on, as long as Vince gives him the chance.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Advertisements - Register to remove