Old 09-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #44
Rexis
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: **You'll Never walk Alone......Official Liverpool Football Club Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
I am not discrediting Benayoun at all here; he is a good player. For the past two seasons he has come up huge late in the game (I remember that finish against Madrid in the UCL!). Honestly, as much of a creative force as he is, he'll always play second fiddle to Gerrard in the midfield and Torres when he wanders up top. I'm not saying that teams don't need players that can take players on -- they do -- but when you have too many of those players, you sort of fall apart. Think of all of the best teams in the world: Manchester United, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea. With the exception of Madrid, each team only has one or two players in their starting XI that really are on the team to get by a player on his own (Nani, Rooney, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Quaresma, Ronaldinho, Anelka, J. Cole). When you give a team too much individual creative freedom to take players on, they don't play as well as a team centered around team cohesiveness and teamwork.

PS: "writin [like I would in] a college essay" takes no time. It should come naturally.
gerrard is more of a pick and roll dribbler whereas benayoun can move the ball up field independently
i havent seen a portsmouth game (unles they play liverpool) in years so i dnt kno if kranjcar can move the ball upfield like benayoun

PS: I kno writin comes natural but i dnt write essays often

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant

Last edited by Pared; 09-05-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Language