Home

The petition is UP!

This is a discussion on The petition is UP! within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The petition is UP!

Time heals all weenies, but carpal tunnel syndrome is forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2002, 01:46 PM   #26
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

I can't believe all the fun I was missing, by avoiding the NASCAR threads.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:42 PM   #27
Rookie

John McClane (Bruce Willis) said it best: "Welcome to 'da party, pal!"
Old 09-12-2002, 07:35 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

Considering everything that the Cigarette industry, and to a lesser extent, the alcohol industry, have done to the people of this country (especially children), the LAST thing I want is their ads in videogames.

I understand realism and having real ads, but this is one of the few companies I can live without having their corporate smut plastered all over a game.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:26 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 20

>>>Plus, admittedly, I do enjoy a nice 20-car pile up on the superspeedways.<<<

That's pathetic. You call yourself a true racing fan? You want to see competitors be eliminated from the race and possibly injured or killed?

Try walking up to Bobby Allison, Fireball Roberts' family, Teresa Earnhardt or Steve Park and telling them how much you enjoy multicar pile-ups on superspeedways. That's if you even know who those people are, which is highly unlikely because you're riding the NASCAR bandwagon.

Take care,
PK
Old 09-12-2002, 11:46 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 17

In reply to:

Considering everything that the Cigarette industry, and to a lesser extent, the alcohol industry, have done to the people of this country (especially children), the LAST thing I want is their ads in videogames.

Ahh the voice of reason.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:51 AM   #31
Rookie

Well, excuse me, Mr. NASCAR! I guess you got me! Never mind that I have only been on the radio for a year as a NASCAR talk show host! Never mind that I have been an activist for mandatory use of the Hutchins and HANS devices, the Humpy Bumper and the "Soft Walls". And never mind the fact that I think that Mike Helton ought to take those restrictor plates and stick them up his fat ***!

Oh, wait...who is Mike Helton...duh...I don't know because I am not a true racing fan...duh...

Listen up, Jerky! The reason I enjoy the pile-ups on the superspeedways is because THEY ARE GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY!!!! I would love for the drivers to go one race at Daytona or Talledega without turing the backstretch into a $500 million salvage yard, but that isn't going to happen! I suppose I could be all somber and depressed when the Big One happens, but why the hell would I do that?!? I watch racing for enjoyment and exhiliaration, not for depression! If I wanted to be depressed, I would just sit around imagining I were you!

Plus, I don't feel bad for Steve Park. He is either cursed to wreck or he just still can't see straight. Oh, duh...I don't know who Steve Park is...duh...I don't have any clue that he has suffered numerous concussions! Either way, he should get the hell off the track while he still has the ability to eat solid foods. I was on the edge of my seat when he was on his side and couldn't get out of the car! And I damn well would have done the same thing Junior did and rush over to try to help him. I know that if I tried to perform as a trapeze artist, I would break my damn neck...so I DON"T DO IT! Have Park go back to the BGN and get some lighter racing in until his head heals, then come back to the WC.

As for Teresa, sure, I feel bad for her. But she wouldn't be a widow if here damn husband would have been wearing a head/neck restraint. The Intimidator loved driving like he did, but likewise he knew the risks and if he wasn't so bull-headed, he would have worn the appropriate gear.

I didn't make these drivers choose a career which puts their very lives in danger. They love to do it, and not me or you or anyone is going to make them change their minds. So do yourself a favor and start enjoy every aspect of the races, even the ones that are horrifying. IT IS PART OF THE SPORT!!! Jesus!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2002, 12:14 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 17

In reply to:

Listen up, Jerky! The reason I enjoy the pile-ups on the superspeedways is because THEY ARE GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY!!!!

That is the most IGNORANT THING I HAVE EVER HEARD ON THIS BOARD. I am considering adding "ignorance" to a list of of board offenses due to this very post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »