Home

iRacing Acquires NASCAR License, Console Game Expected in 2025

This is a discussion on iRacing Acquires NASCAR License, Console Game Expected in 2025 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-05-2023, 05:47 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Iracing acquires NASCAR Team properties- Game expected in 2025

Best news I've heard in a while regardless of topic.

I'm especially stoked that they specified a simulation style console game. I don't want it to be as simulation accurate as Iracing, but I was really worried that the next Nascar game would be firmly in the arcade umbrella.

2025 is going to be a long wait. Rumors have it that Iracing is supposed to be building out a career mode. That will probably give a good indication of the direction the Nascar career mode will take
Old 10-05-2023, 08:52 PM   #10
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Best news I've heard in a while regardless of topic.

I'm especially stoked that they specified a simulation style console game. I don't want it to be as simulation accurate as Iracing, but I was really worried that the next Nascar game would be firmly in the arcade umbrella.

2025 is going to be a long wait. Rumors have it that Iracing is supposed to be building out a career mode. That will probably give a good indication of the direction the Nascar career mode will take

IRacing already has AI. But I’m hoping the game is everything from iRacing now to as arcade as someone wants with settings and assists options.

I just want a console version of AI racing iRacing has now. Same physics, same controls, same everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

One must remember that the origin of I-Racing is/was the same group that brought out the Papyrus/Sierra NASCAR Racing series, which made the best NASCAR game so far, N2003.

"If" by chance this game is as good but with the 2025 technology added in it will be the best ever. Ever since 2003, which at the time of this release will be 22 years long, NASCAR fans will finally get what everyone was dreaming of.

Year after year and company after company has tried to just make a game that somewhat compares to N2003 and have failed, this may be the winning ticket here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 02:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: iRacing Acquires NASCAR License, Console Game Expected in 2025

This is great news.

I hope they have multiple series year one. With it being iracing and how the World of Outlaws game is there is now excuse for it not be from a dirt series all the way through trucks to NASCAR. I hope so.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:48 PM   #13
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
This is great news.

I hope they have multiple series year one. With it being iracing and how the World of Outlaws game is there is now excuse for it not be from a dirt series all the way through trucks to NASCAR. I hope so.
Dale Jr. has been screaming for a Dirt to Daytona remake for years. He does have an ownership stake in iRacing, so maybe he'll finally get his (and a lot of other people's as well) wish.
Old 10-08-2023, 04:57 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Papyrus was what got me into video nascar as well as PC gaming back in the day...been searching and waiting for someone to provide as fun an experience on consoles ever since...looking forward to 2025 and this new chapter
Old 04-03-2024, 01:35 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

iRacing updated the page today at https://www.iracing.com/nascar-game/

Not much here besides confirming their working on it. Looks like they're pushing for a Fall 2025 release, previously they had only said 2025 so nice to get a timeframe on what they expect. Also confirms the game is coming to PC and not just consoles, there was definitely some discussion about whether they would push it to PC, although I never had any doubts, but that confirms it

EDIT: Just realized the page still only says 2025. the Fall of 2025 information I got form this tweet https://twitter.com/iRacing/status/1...ghtmode%3Dtrue
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »