Home

2022-23 English Football Thread

This is a discussion on 2022-23 English Football Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-30-2022, 11:34 AM   #465
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2022-23 English Football Thread

Damn, it’s a good thing for Arsenal that Partey is such a good player that he can avoid getting dropped for being a rapist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2022, 11:56 AM   #466
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Damn, it’s a good thing for Arsenal that Partey is such a good player that he can avoid getting dropped for being a rapist
What was it that made you want to bring it up? The match next week? Chelsea losing to Brighton? Arsenal being moderately good?

Just curious as to everyone's methodology on when we silently watch football and when we pretend we can care who is wearing what shirt.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #467
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Well I mean he scored, and he’s also integral to Arsenal’s current run.

I think it’s probably ok to call out a rapist for being a rapist, and call out the club for playing him anyway cause he helps win games.

Matter of fact people not bringing it up enough has allowed Arsenal to just sweep the whole thing under the rug quite effectively.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:09 PM   #468
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Well I mean he scored, and he’s also integral to Arsenal’s current run.

I think it’s probably ok to call out a rapist for being a rapist, and call out the club for playing him anyway cause he helps win games.

Matter of fact people not bringing it up enough has allowed Arsenal to just sweep the whole thing under the rug quite effectively.
Feel free to discuss Ronaldo’s 18 league goals last year whenever you feel like it.

The sport is full of **** human beings, at every club, and they’ll mostly always get swept under the rug or ignored by supporters. Whether it was something recent, or from the players past (Alsonso killing a passenger in his car while drunk and speeding, see it’s easy).

My point? Nobody seems to really want to discuss it—we just want to discuss it, or bring these things up when we don’t want to talk about the actual football.

If someone wants to actually discuss the moral dilemma, by all means, let me know, otherwise we can keep randomly bringing things up whenever it feels topical due to the performance of a player.

As for Partey, I said in the Arsenal thread long ago that I have **** all to say on it because it’s still an ongoing investigation and none of us really know ****.

I bring up Ronaldo because he admitted to it when speaking with his lawyers. If anyone isn’t aware, do your own research.
Old 10-30-2022, 04:44 PM   #469
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Feel free to discuss Ronaldo’s 18 league goals last year whenever you feel like it.

The sport is full of **** human beings, at every club, and they’ll mostly always get swept under the rug or ignored by supporters. Whether it was something recent, or from the players past (Alsonso killing a passenger in his car while drunk and speeding, see it’s easy).

My point? Nobody seems to really want to discuss it—we just want to discuss it, or bring these things up when we don’t want to talk about the actual football.

If someone wants to actually discuss the moral dilemma, by all means, let me know, otherwise we can keep randomly bringing things up whenever it feels topical due to the performance of a player.

As for Partey, I said in the Arsenal thread long ago that I have **** all to say on it because it’s still an ongoing investigation and none of us really know ****.

I bring up Ronaldo because he admitted to it when speaking with his lawyers. If anyone isn’t aware, do your own research.
Bringing up Ronaldo feels like whataboutism to me. Just because other ****ty individuals exist in the sport doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to talk about one. I don’t like Ronaldo, I never have, I’d rather he wasn’t playing either. Matter of fact I’ve brought it up multiple times lol.

Also the ongoing investigation thing, or people saying innocent until proven guilty etc. it’s just not that black and white. Do you really think multiple women that don’t know each other have come together to ruin a man’s life? This is one of the hardest crimes to punish, and so many men get off Scott free regularly, especially if they are rich and/or celebrities. There’s enough info and evidence out there that I really don’t think anyone should be on the fence about this.

This idea that other people who suck and get away with it means that you can’t ever talk about anyone, just grinds my gears.
Old 10-30-2022, 05:52 PM   #470
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Probably worth noting:

A lot of ****ty people do in fact play this sport, however not a lot of them are actual rapists.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:16 PM   #471
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:

I'll leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2022, 09:53 PM   #472
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
I'll leave it at that.
I mean, we’re having this argument right now but I’d guess we probably have similar views on the subject overall.

Chelsea fans have already been here with John Terry. Personally I never liked him anyway, the incident was just more of a reason for me to continue disliking him. The club was never going to just drop a player of that profile, suppose it’s similar to Ronaldo in a way, so I didn’t have much of a choice obviously. I’d have preferred he just get dropped but as a fan there’s nothing I can do, not to mention a huge amount of fans still supported him anyway.

Slightly different with Partey obviously because he’s not an Arsenal legend or anything, but similar in the sense that there is nothing an arsenal fan who doesn’t approve of him playing can do about it since the club has already made up its mind.

The sad reality is these players would be dropped immediately if they weren’t important. United “did the right thing” with Greenwood because he wasn’t a key player yet(of course fair play to them for still doing it), City played Mendy for like 6 months. If Partey was an expendable rotation player he’d be gone for sure.

The whole situation is utterly depressing as a father of a daughter, knowing there are way too many men like this out there and I can’t dunk them all in a giant swimming pool of acid. There are so many people out there involved with these incidents that could do the right thing and just don’t.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »