Home

The OS Loon Army

This is a discussion on The OS Loon Army within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #1

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
The OS Loon Army

There's enough(3?) of us here that I'm making an executive decision to not clutter the MLS thread with MNUFC only thoughts. Plus, we can also arrange meetups at TCF/Allianz in the future here.

Speaking of Allianz, I got my invite to the Allianz Field Experience and season ticket selection, so I'm hoping to get a shaded good seat. I will also be very happy to see the back of TCF Bank Stadium, I can safely say that I am not a fan of that stadium, especially for soccer.

I was going to start this last night when I was inebriated and telling everyone who would listen how much I love Miguel Ibarra, but thought better of it, but also, I really love how Ibarra was 'not in Heath's plans' around the beginning of this year and how he's just our best player now. His work rate is the stuff of legend right now, I've watched a ton of matches and there's scant few times I've seen players put in the types of shifts that he does. Beyond that his awareness to switch sides when whomever the other winger is drifts is fantastic.

Ramirez after the water break was great, earlier in the game I had texted a friend that I think playing Quintero and Ramirez together is dangerous because they're both fairly lax getting back on defense, and it sets us up for some weird defense on the back foot, but after the water break they did a great job of kind of alternating who would be lazy getting back.

Finally Alexi Gomez is basically an Arsenal player right now. I can see it, I can see all the potential, he made a few mistakes and is still a little green, but if he realizes that potential he could be an explosive winger to pair with Quintero and Ibarra. If he doesn't, we have Molino and Finlay coming back next year!

COME ON YOU LOONS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: The OS Loon Army

Alexi Gomez is really frustrating. I don't really see that changing much. 25 is not really an age where you want to be talking about seeing a player's future potential. Have you heard if there's any plans/a clause to make his move permanent?

Quintero is the best player Minnesota has ever had (in their modern pro history) by quite some margin. The way he has gotten up to speed immediately is pretty impressive. But he should have scored on one of those chances in the first half. Only negative from him last night.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 05-27-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:32 AM   #3

Suntan Superman's Arena

yeah best player is wrong, he's our most in-form though, he's an absolute treat.

Gomez has the potential because I think there's a lot of good in his game, and if he just learns to control the ball and not take terrible shots he'll be much improved. Our passing needs improvement anywhere, so I'm not willing to say if his wayward passing is the system or is him yet, but that's also an area of improvement. This is what I'll call his Theo Walcott season, if he finally puts it together here, he'll be a good player for a few years, otherwise I don't think his loan will become permanent. In reality I think it's a low chance his move is made permanent either way, I think we have more interest in better players to occupy international slots.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:00 AM   #4
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

Who would you say is better than Quintero? I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about football talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #5

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Who would you say is better than Quintero? I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about football talent.

No one. I was actually agreeing with you, haha. My previous statement of Ibarra beung our best player is wrong, he's simply just in form. Quintero is easily the most talented player in our history
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

The OS Loon Army

Ha, I didn't even make that comment with what you had posted in mind. I was just making a statement. So when you....you know what let's just move on lol

I thought we finally played a complete game defensively and Calvo put his recent poor form behind him. So of course now that he did that he's off to the WC. Also, that goal by Ibarra was so sweet. Happened right in front of us too. We were looking right down the goal line on that side's goal.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 05-28-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

Calvo is improving. As frustrating as his 'improvement' is, he's becoming more responsible. With Eric Miller lining up near him he also has a great defensive cover from the fullback. I liked Nicholson, but Miller has been great since coming over, and I'm super excited about our defense going forward.

I saw Ibarra's goal from the side, and I called it going in when the Impact defender just gave up. It's still so sweet and I have the streamable running on my tablet on a loop.

Also, there should be a petition for Ibson to get his own position in FM.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #8
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

What would that role be? Random midfielder? Instructions: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »