Home

***SPFL Forum***

This is a discussion on ***SPFL Forum*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-03-2014, 03:24 AM   #25
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: ***SPFL Forum***

Well, Hearts had one of the most unbelievable losses I can ever remember watching today. I feel really bad for my friend from Edinburgh, whose house we watched it at bright and early this morning.

Inverness opened the scoring in the 2nd half. One of their players picked up a 2nd yellow to get sent off on a foul just outside the box. Hearts scored on the resulting free kick. Three minutes later, Hearts scored again on another free kick to take the 2-1 lead. Towards the end of the match, Inverness had a 2nd player sent off for kicking out at a Hearts player in a late tackle. Down to 9 men, Inverness got one last attack, and with literally the last kick of the game scored to tie it at 2. Hearts players were falling all over themselves in the box, and the ball somehow fell to an Inverness player at the post. The Hearts keeper was in position for the save, but the shot hit him in the chest and still somehow found its way in. Hearts had a couple good chances in extra time, but it went to penalties. Inverness shot first, and the Hearts keeper saved the first penalty, but Hearts still managed to lose the shootout. A crushing loss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #26
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

I know they are not in the SPFL, but they hold the most Scottish Championships.....

I'm amazed at some Rangers fans. Ally McCoist has done a tremendous job in my opinion the past couple seasons considering what the club has gone through. Last season, they didn't know if they was even going to have a season ten days before the opener and won the Third Division by 24 points. Wasn't good enough to some supporters.

This season, the first round loss in the League Cup to Forfar really got the boo birds going. Win the first 15 matches in league play. Draw against Stranraer..."McCoist doesn't have it."

They are running away with the First Division, they are in a cup final. They are still alive in the Scottish Cup, hosting Dunfermline this weekend. Ease up on the criticism and enjoy the ride.

Go Gers!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #27
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

Insane battle to avoid the relegation playoff spot. Hearts are already down thanks to the -15 penalty. But after the first round of games after the top 6/bottom 6 split, this is where they stand.

And these teams only play each other in the 4 remaining matches.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #28
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

Hibs completed one of the all-time greatest collapses and got themselves relegated today. They were up 2-0 coming back home for the second leg against Hamilton. They gave up a goal at 90+3 to make it 2-2 on aggregate and lost in penalties. This was after they were in 7th at the split. Hilarious.

Next year 3 of the top 5 supported clubs in Scotland will be playing in the Championship. Rangers, Hearts, and Hibs. 1 or 2 of them will be staying there.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Hibs completed one of the all-time greatest collapses and got themselves relegated today. They were up 2-0 coming back home for the second leg against Hamilton. They gave up a goal at 90+3 to make it 2-2 on aggregate and lost in penalties. This was after they were in 7th at the split. Hilarious.

Next year 3 of the top 5 supported clubs in Scotland will be playing in the Championship. Rangers, Hearts, and Hibs. 1 or 2 of them will be staying there.
This is mental. I'm not quite sure of the TV rights, but you would think that the Championship is more attractive to put on TV than the Premiership now?

On the plus side, if you want a multiplayer game of 3 people on FM, then you've got your league!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm glad that this is back. Another great season for celtic. I'm interested to see if the spfl can gather some better youth talent, and actually hold on to them. For some reason, I keep getting drawn back into it. I just wish that better players like a Ryan guald would stay, or a Mackay Steven
Old 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #31
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

The Championship is going to get more TV time in the States than the SPL. Hearts-Rangers open their season at Ibrox Sunday morning on Fox Sports 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #32
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

Rangers and Hibs are kicking off in 15 minutes. First of two legs to determine who will be staying down for another year. Winner goes on to play 11th placed Motherwell in another two leg playoff for promotion.

EDIT: Rangers 2 Hibs 0. Former Hibs youth player Kenny Miller scored the 2nd goal....ouch.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 05-20-2015 at 05:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »