Home

Official USMNT/USWNT Thread

This is a discussion on Official USMNT/USWNT Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #1657
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4
re: Official USMNT/USWNT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
You must not know much about international soccer, then. The majority of teams are managed by a foreign coach.
Most americans dont know about international soccer because we are not very good at it. Thats why most americans say soccer is a terrible sport when its the most popular sport in the world, much better than the beloved nfl

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #1658
Pro

OVR: 0

People said Butler couldn't possibly make it back to the NCAA Championship. They said the Giants couldn't possibly beat the Pats. Or that the Pats couldn't beat the Rams. Or Appalachian State couldn't beat Michigan. Or the USA beat the Soviets.

I'm not saying it will. I just hate that people say it can't. Just let the games play out and if you want to criticize afterwards, go for it.

We've got a shot. We've got a better shot than any of our fans are giving us credit. There is a reason ESPN's SPI gives us about a 40% chance. Those 3 teams still have to get by us which is not a given in any stretch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #1659
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

The USA has a 0% chance of winning the World Cup this year. Sure anything is possible but they aren't gonna win.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #1660
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
We've got a shot.
We really don't, though.

The US would have to have their young players become very, very good in a very, very short time in order for them to reach the final.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #1661
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

And in soccer when you arent talented you usually lose. Its just that kind of sport. Yes the USA could beat germany and portugal but for that to happen is very unlikely only because of the difference in talent level and star players

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #1662
Pro

OVR: 0

This is not a safe place. You can't share anything here.

My point want necessarily about winning the whole thing. Can it be done? Sure. It was more about the point of advancing and then seeing what happens. Again, crap happens all the time in sports. The kicker is the Ghana game. Win that, coupled with a Germany win and all of a sudden a draw with Portugal and a Ghana draw against Portugal gets us through.

In sports in general if you're less talented you generally lose. However, I don't believe the talent level is all that far off.

It's now 5 years ago but a "far less talented" USA ended the winning streak of what is now being regarded as the greatest team ever in Spain.

Last edited by msuduo; 06-07-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #1663
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Yes but that wasn't the World Cup.

Look, I believe in miracle runs. A lot of crazy **** has happened in my time watching sports to never rule anything out. We need talent but we also need luck. As other champions in other leagues continue to prove, luck goes a long way.

It probably won't happen and I've long resigned myself to that, but I don't recall us being quite a powerhouse in 2002 either and we had a pretty good run in that one.

Hell, I have a hard time thinking my other favorite team will make it to the final, and they're one of the favorites.

It's just so damn hard. You need all sorts of things to go your way at once. I've been disappointed enough in my life to never get my hopes up for sports.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #1664
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

Well and also we had reasonable draws in previous world cups where we are the second best team in the group. This group we are in, we are in the bottom half compared to germany and portugal. Ghana being ranked at 38 is a joke. They are a better team than 38th

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »