Home

Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

This is a discussion on Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Time to prepare doesn't really mean all that much.
That's a pretty narrow-minded point of view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 3 (Monday Night Football): Green Bay Packers (1-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
That's a pretty narrow-minded point of view.
I guess. But teams can have 4 weeks to prepare for a game and still flounder. It takes more than prep time. But I dont mean to say no prep time is a positive thing.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #27
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Green Bay has had 11 days to prepare for this game. The fact that nobody has mentioned that yet is quite telling, to say the least. When any staff has that long to prepare, it doesn't bode well for the opposing team. Especially when it is a solid staff like Green Bay's.
Why is that telling that nobody has mentioned it?

I've seen this same staff have 14 days off and still come out flat and/or eventually lose the game so I think it's safe to say that the whole 11 days off thing doesn't really mean much as far as GB is concerned.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #28
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Smh at the lack of respect for the seahawks, rep of the NFC Best, at home.Packers fans thinking you gonna score 30 on them think again.
Considering the fact that on a BAD day, Green Bay put up 22 against the best defense in football, I don't think 30 is too bold a prediction. Especially when you consider I predicted we'd get a couple interceptions and they'd help us score via great field position. Again, the Packers defense has a knack for creating turnovers and Wilson is a rookie Quarterback. Not that bold a prediction.

I do agree time for prep doesn't really matter. However, Seattle no doubt has one of the best home field advantages in the NFL.

To beat Green Bay, you have to either dominate up front so soundly as to disrupt Rodgers ALL DAY. Like what the 49ers did to us in Week 1, or you have to be deep enough in the secondary to cover all those weapons. Seattle is great on the back end in the base, but they'll have to play a lot of nickel and dime against the Pack. Also, they can get after the QB at times, but not to the level of the 49ers or Bears.

I'll stand by my call 30-14 Pack. And I don't think it's that bold a prediction.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #29
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
To beat Green Bay, you have to either dominate up front so soundly as to disrupt Rodgers ALL DAY. Like what the 49ers did to us in Week 1, or you have to be deep enough in the secondary to cover all those weapons. Seattle is great on the back end in the base, but they'll have to play a lot of nickel and dime against the Pack. Also, they can get after the QB at times, but not to the level of the 49ers or Bears.
This is what I'm concerned about. Our pass rush is getting better, but it's still not at a level I'm really comfortable with. Especially against a QB like Rodgers.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'll stand by my call 30-14 Pack. And I don't think it's that bold a prediction.
Are u serious?
Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #31
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Are u serious?
Yeah. If Green Bay gets two turnovers or more, we can put up 30 on Seattle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #32
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yeah. If Green Bay gets two turnovers or more, we can put up 30 on Seattle.
It's going to be really tough. Green Bay's offense hasn't exactly been impressive this year, even with the defense creating a bunch of turnovers last week (only 16 offensive points). Atlanta was the only offense to put 30 points up on the Seattle defense in the last 18 games and that was early in the year before Seattle's D hit its stride. They were the only offense to break 23 pts against the Seahawks D.

I'm having a hard time imagining either team breaking 24 pts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »