Home

Josh Mcdaniels fined for taping 49ers

This is a discussion on Josh Mcdaniels fined for taping 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #33
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: Josh Mcdaniels fined for taping 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5859504

Stand up thing for Pat Bowlen, must be really embarrassed.
This is what the Broncos are all about, if McD was a cheater Bowlen would have already canned him.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #34
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Someone tell me the difference between this and taking a bunch of pictures for the quarterback to look at after the plays

Old 11-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #35
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I believe it was videos of the pregame walk through, therefore would allow Broncos to see any formations they had not seen in film session.

During the game the QB looks at still photos of plays everyone already saw. Hope that helps.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #36
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I believe it was videos of the pregame walk through, therefore would allow Broncos to see any formations they had not seen in film session.

During the game the QB looks at still photos of plays everyone already saw. Hope that helps.

True, they see formations and such that they had not seen before, but in my mind, a QB looking at still photos after ever offensive series is almost the same thing. They can see something that otherwise would not have been seen and try to take advantage of it

Old 11-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #37
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

It sounds like from what Peter King, some ESPN guys and PFT are saying McDaniels will be out of a job by the end of the year as this situation embarrassed Bowlen personally.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #38

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
It sounds like from what Peter King, some ESPN guys and PFT are saying McDaniels will be out of a job by the end of the year as this situation embarrassed Bowlen personally.
Please oh please Josh, do me a solid and beat KC. He needs to generate so wins for his sake but, I fully expect a KC to beat down the Broncos.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5863701

Quote:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen says embattled coach Josh McDaniels' job is safe.

Yet, after telling AOL FanHouse that McDaniels would be back in 2011, Bowlen issued a statement Monday night that seemed to back off that a bit.

Bowlen's statement said that while the season has been a trying and disappointing one, "Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos, and you always strive for stability at that position."

He added that with five games left, "we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise."

Earlier, Bowlen told AOL, "I'm not interested in making a coaching change," despite the team's 5-16 slide and the embarrassing videotaping scandal that has rocked the franchise.
A message left with McDaniels on Monday night wasn't immediately returned.

At his weekly news conference earlier in the day, McDaniels said he wasn't dwelling on whether the Broncos' problems on and off the field would cost him his job.

"It's not, you know, not my decision, not something that's in my control," McDaniels said. "I'm just going to worry about what I can focus on and try to control the things that I can control."

Denver's second-year coach said his only focus is on trying to salvage a 3-8 season sullied by a videotaping scandal that cost him and the team $50,000 each and resulted in a subordinate's firing over the weekend.

In his interview with AOL FanHouse, Bowlen insisted McDaniels wasn't involved with former videographer Steve Scarnecchia's 6-minute videotape of the San Francisco 49ers' walkthrough practice in London last month.

"Josh had nothing to do with that. The former employee did it on his own. There was no direction from the head coach. Josh did not order it. We're absolutely positive this was done by the former employee on his own," Bowlen said.

He did not address McDaniels' failure to immediately notify his superiors or the league of his subordinate's transgression, which is what cost him and the team a total of $100,000 in fines.

Bowlen said he was "very happy with Josh. Josh is doing a good job," and insisted the Broncos could still make the playoffs.

They are four games behind AFC West leader Kansas City with five games to go and could be eliminated this weekend when they visit the Chiefs.

McDaniels has two years and nearly $7 million left on his contract, and Bowlen is still on the hook for millions more he owes Mike Shanahan, whom he fired last year. Were he to fire McDaniels, too, he'd be paying three head coaches next season.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 11-30-2010 at 02:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »