Home

Week 17 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 17 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-31-2023, 05:21 PM   #73
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

I feel bad for whoever has to come here to play the Ravens in the divisional round .

Old 12-31-2023, 05:32 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
There’s a fine line between resilience and luck. I think everyone else just assumed they'll figure it out and getting out with these Ws was fine.

They’re running out of time to figure it out but I still don’t see how even if they end up the 5 seed, they don’t at least get to that next round.
The one positive is that I like the matchup against TB(I don't see them losing against Panthers) better than Seattle or Rams. But unless Seattle pulls an upset over against Lions in the WC round, they would have to face 49ers coming off a bye.

Philly's defense has to figure something out if they want to actually do something in playoff. The issue with Philly's offense is a lack of commitment to run game and Hurts hasn't been a true threat in the run game all year. I get tired of hearing/seeing Eagles OL being ranked #1, when they don't run it. I don't see the point of signing Rashad Penny and using a roster spot on him all year when you're not going to use him. But the biggest issue is that Hurts hasn't been a true run threat all year. Philly's offense is built around that. Even before the knee injury, he was very timid and cautious about taking contact. So many times this season he would run himself into a sack or run out of bounds behind LOS. It felt like he had a undisclosed offseason injury or something. Even as an Eagles fan, Hurts isn't going to win major games with Hurts as a primary pass-first QB. He needs to be a run threat for this offense to flourish
Old 12-31-2023, 05:40 PM   #75
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Based on early observations, the only way Pickett should see the field again is during preseason next year.

Watching a QB actually be able to scan the field is so refreshing, Rudolph seems to be very comfortable running the offense, and it finally seems the makeshift OC's are calling plays based on the defense weakness, which in this case is the Seattle run defense...last week was the Bengals pass defense.

Now, if Tomlin is capable of making ANY halftime adjustments, he will tell Austin to adjust to cover the middle of the field...although this has yet to happen all year, so not sure why today will be any different.

As usual, the defense making a QB look like an MVP...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2023, 05:50 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Rough day for the Panthers
https://x.com/jomboymedia/status/174...Fu7NAdnWtRl9wg
Old 12-31-2023, 06:09 PM   #77
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Inexcusable. They should make him sell the team

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 12-31-2023, 06:34 PM   #78
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Inexcusable. They should make him sell the team

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
I miss the Jerry Richardson days. I don't excuse some of his actions, if the allegations were true, but he knew how to run an organization versus this crap.

At least when we were 1-15 there was hope the next season with talent in the FO and ciaching staff, ownership leaving them alone....and in 2 years made the SB.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:42 PM   #79
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Yessir come on Steelers
Old 12-31-2023, 07:27 PM   #80
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Nuff said...on the road in a very tough place to play, Rudolph and the Steelers took care of business.

In only his second start since 2021, he has managed to put up 30 in both games, and the offense put up over 400+ yards...should've had 400 last week but Mason got sacked and dropped them under that.

The whole attitude of this team is completely different with Rudolph, you could easily see that last week, and continued this week...

What makes this sad though, is Rudolph was there and waiting while Tomlin started Trubisky in 2 straight games, which as we know were 2 losses, and brought Trubisky in when Pickett went down....that's 3 games the Steelers definitely could have and probably should have won, but Tomlin decides to stay with Trubisky...so yea...there the Steelers are again (like last year) hoping for help to "sneak" into the playoffs.

I'm hoping the Steelers can carry a bit of that momentum into next week against the Ravens, but DAMN is that gonna be a tough one, not unless Balt. rests their starters....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 12-31-2023 at 07:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »