Home

Week 12 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 12 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2023, 09:03 AM   #97
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 12 Discussion Thread

Packers playoff push incoming
Old 11-28-2023, 10:35 AM   #98
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Unfortunately, Tepper is the owner and he has no clue on how to run a football organization. Its sad we are stuck with him as an owner but it is what it is. Hopefully they can turn it around but its going to be at least 5 years in my opinion to get back to the standard of the 2015 team that almost won the super bowl.

He’s easy pickings right now, but man I read a little background on Tepper and he sounds like a horrible person. Carolina has gotten to a point very quickly that coaches will turn them down because there’s no stability and the owner seems to like to breathe down their neck and micromanage. I thought Tepper came out of the gates as a guy with a vision and assembled a regime to match (Rhule) but that was such a strikeout that the team and owner just seem lost at this point. Tepper seems like a dude who will continue to make desperate moves until something miraculously sticks. Kind of seems like the worst type of owner, one with no record of success who is extremely hands on. Good luck to the Panthers…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-28-2023, 11:25 AM   #99
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
He’s easy pickings right now, but man I read a little background on Tepper and he sounds like a horrible person. Carolina has gotten to a point very quickly that coaches will turn them down because there’s no stability and the owner seems to like to breathe down their neck and micromanage. I thought Tepper came out of the gates as a guy with a vision and assembled a regime to match (Rhule) but that was such a strikeout that the team and owner just seem lost at this point. Tepper seems like a dude who will continue to make desperate moves until something miraculously sticks. Kind of seems like the worst type of owner, one with no record of success who is extremely hands on. Good luck to the Panthers…
He is not well liked here in Charlotte. From the business dealings he has done and the way he backs out of them, it has not been received well.

His wife, who he married when he bought the team, was made Chief Administrative Officer and has been seen at practices giving advice to the coaches. I am all for women being coaches and getting the opportunity but she has ZERO background in professional football or coaching a team. She has also given several inputs on draft picks that the Panthers ended up choosing.

I will always support the Panthers (as long as they are here in the Carolinas) but I will not back the owner.
Old 11-28-2023, 02:19 PM   #100
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Far cry from the Jerry Richardson days.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 11-28-2023, 02:42 PM   #101
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

I read something that said Tepper was like Gordon Gekko but a lot uglier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2023, 02:57 PM   #102
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I read he bought and demolished the mansion of a financial former executive he worked under because they didn’t promote him, just to show him. Apparently also said stuff like, “I could buy this place and just fire that guy” in regards to a waiter/restaurant scenario.

That’s probably not atypical of these ultra rich franchise owners, since… I mean… they can do what he said. But damn when things aren’t going well those words and actions make you look like a petty, total *******.

It’s hard to say when to pull the plug on a lost season or staff, but Tepper gets no benefit of the doubt. He’s too hands on with no record of success, is a knee jerk reactionary, and is even calling the shots on who to draft. This guy sucks! Only reason to go to Carolina will be for the money and if you believe in Bryce Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »