Home

Week 11 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 11 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2023, 04:14 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Week 11 Discussion Thread

At least the Giants won, that keeps the hope of the Bears ending up with pick 1 and 2 alive
Old 11-19-2023, 04:16 PM   #50
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
At least the Giants won, that keeps the hope of the Bears ending up with pick 1 and 2 alive
Very true. I was just making fun of my father on law who is a Giants fan. OH and my wife. She's one too lol
Old 11-19-2023, 04:32 PM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I dont think I've ever seen a team fair catch a kickoff before.....and to do it twice? Not a punt, but a kickoff lol

It wasn’t a rule until this year and since most kickers now can kick it into the end zone I would really expect any of us to have seen it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2023, 04:51 PM   #52
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It wasn’t a rule until this year and since most kickers now can kick it into the end zone I would really expect any of us to have seen it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
im just not understanding the point of a fair catch on a kickoff. The first time he did it, there wasn't anyone for 25 yards near him. The second time, he dove for it when there wasn't anyone for 25 yards near him lol
Old 11-19-2023, 04:54 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
im just not understanding the point of a fair catch on a kickoff. The first time he did it, there wasn't anyone for 25 yards near him. The second time, he dove for it when there wasn't anyone for 25 yards near him lol
The second one was because there was like 30 seconds left and they didn’t want to run any time off. The first one was a head scratcher, I guess maybe they had the hands team on the field
Old 11-19-2023, 05:02 PM   #54
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

After today's garbage loss, the feeling that I have had for quite a while now is Kenny is NOT the QB the Steelers need for the long haul.

There's 3 main components that have absolutely destroyed my faith in this team...

1-Pickett
2-Canada
3-OL pass blocking

I would also throw in Mediocre Mike and his famous Tomlinisms after the games.

If the Steelers had ANY offensive production (thank God for Warren) they win this game easily...the Browns blitz packages made the Steeler oline look like a high school team.

Canada and his atrocious "outside the numbers" playcalling is beyond a joke and very predictable.

This team is just flat out bad, and while they still have a winning record nothing will come of it.

I'm ready to see what Rudolph can do...lol Although as long as Canada is calling these plays, it will still be outside the numbers garbage...so probably until Canada is gone (he damn well better be after this year) it would be the same thing.

I know this is definitely gonna raise some feathers, but after thinking long and hard about it, something I would like to see...

1-Give Watt a chance to get a SB ring, he's just too good a player to continue to stay in Pittsburgh and be on these mediocre teams...lets face it, under Tomlin this team has very little (if any) chance to get to the SB, let alone win one.

2-Minkah, same thing.
3-Cam Heyward, same thing

This team has a lot of talent that is being wasted, and with being compared with somebody like the Chiefs, the Steelers would be in no way shape or form be able to keep up with them in a shootout.

The reason I mention about those players is because it upsets me that probably 2 of the greatest players never got a ring, and one of those guys never got there...

1-Walter Payton- Got to the SB only to see the "fridge" get the TD's that I feel Payton should have received.

2-Barry Sanders-played for a terrible Lions team and never had the chance he so rightfully deserved.

I know there's been many great players that have never received a ring or played in the big game, but for some reason those 2 really stand out to me.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-19-2023, 05:02 PM   #55
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The second one was because there was like 30 seconds left and they didn’t want to run any time off. The first one was a head scratcher, I guess maybe they had the hands team on the field
I mean....id understand that second one if it wasn't fair catched with no one around him but he looked like he lost the ball for a minute maybe and dove for it? I'd glady have taken the 4-6 seconds less and be 15-20 yards further.

First one was just beyond idiotic. You're still winning and you elect to pin your team back for some odd reason when they gifted the Bears a chance to run a few seconds of the clock AND get 15 more yards. Just clown shoes from a clown organization. But hey, 2 more years we get to celebrate another 85 anniversary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2023, 05:35 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

The Jets offense may not score a TD the rest of the season if they stick with Wilson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »