Home

2018-19 Transaction Thread

This is a discussion on 2018-19 Transaction Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

I wonder how stuff like this just happens all of a sudden though, without speculation of tampering. I thought that he was a good get for them, and have mentioned that here a few times even in the offseason that he needed to be on their radar. But now all of a sudden a few games into the year he randomly gets a buyout nowhere close to the deadline and before the news can even break he’s already signing with the Lakers?

Like yeah it’s obvious they need a back up big and he’s a good fit, but we’re supposed to believe that 8 games in they just up and decided to give him a buyout? Seems like someone from the Lakers side would almost have to be talking so him, convincing him to ask for the buyout and sign with them.

Magic has already been given tampering fines before right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2018, 12:14 AM   #34
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Most of the time media reports are way late, even the ones that's considered breaking news.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:49 AM   #35
MVP

The Suns are 1-7, dead last in the West, they might as well get their young players some more minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 AM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I think it was known before the season that he would be a potential buyout candidate. The only surprise is that it happened 8 games into the season.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #37
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Also agents talk to teams.

It's not against the rules for teams to talk to agents especially if the agent calls the team, says his client wants a buyout from Phoenix, and asks if they have a need.

For obvious reasons this stuff doesn't leak. It helps no one to leak it to the media.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 11-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #38
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I also find it funny that the Rockets are about to bring Jeff Bzdelick out of retirement to help coach defense again.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Way too earlier for this but y’all know I like tinkering with the armchair GM hypotheticals. Who says no to this trade:

Brandon Ingram, Zubac, Bonga, 2nd round pick

Josh Richardson, Justice Winslow

Miami clears up some of their logjam of primarily SG type players with Richardson, Johnson, Wade, Waiters, Ellington, McGruder and end up with a true SF and the player who of this group has the most potential as a “go to” guy for their future.

Lakers get two players that are upgrades of their current perimeter defense, and Richardson who fits their need as a shooter as well as a break finisher, without effecting their youth movement and flexibility. Also gives them more depth to move KCP at the deadline if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 11-06-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:42 AM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

The Heat say no.

Why would they want that trash *** bum Ingram?

In all seriousness, if you’re Miami, why would you clear up this logjam by trading your best player at the position? Especially when you’re other options are Dion Waiters and old *** Wade? Makes no sense from the Heat perspective. Could probably get a better return for Richardson than that.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 11-06-2018 at 09:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »