Home

3/19 - Play In Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 3/19 - Play In Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2024, 10:20 PM   #177
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 3/19 - 4/1 Games Discussion Thread

Damn the Cavs were the number one defense in the NBA before All Star break. But are now 22nd. How?
Old 04-03-2024, 10:46 PM   #178
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Pacers losing to Nets is big for the Standings. That moves Heat to 6th. Pacers last 5 games are against Thunder, Heat(winner gets tie-breaker), Raptors, Cavs, and Hawks(who could be fighting for the 9th seed). I could easily see them going 2-3 or even 1-4 in this stretch. That's why I think Sixers has a shot to get out of the play-in. I feel like they have the easiest stretch out of Miami, Sixers, and Pacers. Miami ends the season against Raptors twice at home. But, before that they have two sets of B2Bs and the Pacers game in the middle of the B2Bs that is the tie-breaker. I doubt Jimmy Butler is going to play in all 5 games before the Raptors games. They play Philly and Rockets on a B2B, Pacers, Hawks and Mavs on B2B. Butler has not played against Philly this year. After Miami, Philly has an easy stretch. The have a B2B against Memphis and Spurs, Pistons, Magic, and Nets. I doubt Embiid plays in both B2B games. I would expect him to miss the Memphis game and play against Spurs. Pistons and Nets likely mailing it in at this point. Even the Magic is a winnable game. Sixers have had the Magic's number recently. Sixers are 13-1 in the last 14 games against Magic. So, I do think Sixers have a chance at 6th. They would need to beat Heat and go at least 4-1 to end season. Either way the 6th and 7th seed is in the same playoff bracket and you could avoid Boston until CF. I think Bucks are vulnerable and 3-5 is beatable. Cavs have been 11-14 in last 25 games and is losing against Suns. Cavs have a tough stretch of games and I could see them falling to 4 or even 5. Magic have a tough 4 game stretch to end season with Rockets, Bucks, Sixers, and Bucks. Knicks play Bulls 3 times in last 7 games and Nets, but other three are against Celtics, Kings, and Bucks. It feels like Seeding won't be decided until the very end. Out of those three, I would least want to play Knicks because their brand of basketball, but even then you don't know if Randle is coming back or if OG can come back and stay.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:50 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Damn the Cavs were the number one defense in the NBA before All Star break. But are now 22nd. How?
They are looking to be 11-15 in the last 26 games. And that's right after they went on a 16-1 or 17-1 stretch when Philly broke that streak. I could easily see them falling to 5th seed. But, Cavs, Magic, and Knicks have difficult schedules to end season, so it's a toss up.

Bucks losing to Wizards(without Kuzma) and Grizzlies on a B2B is crazy, while Doc was throwing blame at everyone but self including travel staff. As a Sixers fan, I want to get to 6th and get out of the Play-in. But playing Doc and this version of Bucks isn't a bad outcome. There's a legit chance they could fall out of 2nd since they play Boston, ORL(2x), Knicks, and OKC in their last 5 games(after TOR).

Last edited by illwill10; 04-03-2024 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:40 AM   #180
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

What's a Malachi Flynn?
Old 04-04-2024, 09:59 AM   #181
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I’m not sure what his ceiling is, but yea he has been great this year. A real building block on the team
Y'all got a secret weapon that no one is talking about.

https://twitter.com/UsherNBA/status/...BGPExKTjw&s=19
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2024, 10:47 AM   #182
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Old 04-04-2024, 11:49 AM   #183
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Another wasted year, thank god for the Yankees.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 04-04-2024, 12:07 PM   #184
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Am I the only one that thinks the whole “Doc blaming everyone else” thing is a tired bit?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »