Home

10/24 - 11/6 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 10/24 - 11/6 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2023, 12:48 AM   #49
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 10/24 - 11/6 Games Discussion Thread

Nurk looks like a beautiful fit. What a difference between him and Ayton.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:51 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Good win for the Suns. Pretty physical game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2023, 12:55 AM   #51
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Kerr has no situational or tactical awareness at all on any level. Down 3 with Curry on the line shooting one (more free throw) and Kerr makes absolutely no defensive subs.

I just don't know how we are able to watch him waste Curry's greatness.

Moody was hot but of course he got barely no playing time because they feel the need to play the foolish Kuminga.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 08:44 AM   #52
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

“Waste Curry’s greatness”

Coming out scorching with the takes sheesh lol
Old 10-25-2023, 09:06 AM   #53
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Kerr has no situational or tactical awareness at all on any level. Down 3 with Curry on the line shooting one (more free throw) and Kerr makes absolutely no defensive subs.

I just don't know how we are able to watch him waste Curry's greatness.

Moody was hot but of course he got barely no playing time because they feel the need to play the foolish Kuminga.
Yeah I would relax. Moody plays bring Klay Thompson. He ain't getting minutes because Klay ain't shooting well. Come on man. It's game one
Old 10-25-2023, 05:46 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Excited for Chet and Wemby both having their debuts tonight. Could end up being the ROTY race.

Wemby will have plenty of chances to get better numbers but Chet might be contributing a big role to a playoff team. Might come down to how big/small of a role Chet has in terms of touches/usage, as well as how high OKC can finish vs how much better the Spurs do in the win-column this year after adding Wemby. They looked similar in pre-season:

Wemby per 36 - 33, 8, 4.8 blocks on 51% form the floor
Chet per 36 - 31, 9, 3.7 blocks on 58% from the floor

I feel like it's much more likely for Wemby to hold closer to those averages as I expect him to have one of the most productive rookie seasons we've ever seen, but if SAS is lottery bound and OKC jumps to a top 5 seed and Chet isn't that far behind in terms of raw stats... Could be interesting.

Last edited by ojandpizza; 10-25-2023 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:57 PM   #55
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

How long does everyone think the Warriors will go without any true big men?

You could argue that Dario Saric and Kevon Looney are 'big men,' but neither is a great rim runner, provides adequate size, or is a great screen setter, IMO.

I really can't understand how a team that has almost always had one 'true' big on the roster, now feels like (when two of their 'Big Three' are clearly declining) going small permanently is the answer. Weird.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 06:27 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
How long does everyone think the Warriors will go without any true big men?

You could argue that Dario Saric and Kevon Looney are 'big men,' but neither is a great rim runner, provides adequate size, or is a great screen setter, IMO.

I really can't understand how a team that has almost always had one 'true' big on the roster, now feels like (when two of their 'Big Three' are clearly declining) going small permanently is the answer. Weird.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I think Looney provides good size, screening, and rebounding. I think the problem is more-so they've built a team that requires Draymond to be the primary paly-maker, and screener.. So getting a traditional rim-runner just doesn't really fit unless Dray is on the bench because then you've invested in a rim runner who is not rim-running.

I actually thought Looney was a bright spot for them in last years playoffs. Dude was a monster on the glass and provided a big lift in some extra play-making as well. Did the same in that last title run too just in smaller minutes.

I think the way they are built is part of why they are so successful with guys like Looney, Pachulia, Bogut who really never eat into any touches or shots. A true rim-runner would be worthless with limited rim-running opportunities, these dudes are just out there to set big screens and not get in the way.. It's a little unorthodox, but it works for them and the smaller unit benches have helped them win 4 titles so it's hard to argue results there in terms of the big picture. All their bigs set a bunch of screens away from the ball because Dray has the ball, rather than coming high to set ball screens and then run to the rim.

Dray declining doesn't hurt much, because a lot of what he provides won't go away aside from looking slower on defense. Something adding an extra big most likely won't help much. As long as he sets great screens and makes great passes and has the type of chemistry that makes Steph's life easy I don't think the decline hurts them because they really don't care if dude even takes more than 5 shots a night.

But they are really lacking in vertical defense at the rim. idk what the answer is overall in that regard but these smaller "death line-ups" work for their roster make-up. As bad as they looked last night to start the game the later CP3 minutes actually looked pretty solid, they held their own without Steph (foul trouble) or Dray (didn't paly) largely because of how well CP3 was doing everything but shooting.. Actually if he didn't shoot uncharacteristically bad they likely win that game..

Feel like their dream scenario is something like getting a guy like Myles Turner. He can defend, shoot, has size, can rim-run but doesn't depend on it. Can let Dray be the ball-screener and still be effective because he spreads the floor with shooting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »