Home

Western Conference Finals: (1)Denver Nuggets vs (7)Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on Western Conference Finals: (1)Denver Nuggets vs (7)Los Angeles Lakers within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2023, 12:52 AM   #9
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Western Conference Finals: (1)Denver Nuggets vs (7)Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraticus
You know Jokic isn't getting the calls vs Lebron & the Lakers. Been watching the NBA too long to think otherwise.
my biggest concern. otherwise i have Den in 6. i am fearful of the touch fouls for Jokic nonsense and Lakers FT disparity in the 2nd half. excited for the series though.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:53 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Denver is better than LAL but AD might be the worst matchup for Joker in the entire league. No idea what that means going forward but I guess we shall see.

Joker doesn’t get many calls anyways, idk why but he’s one of the Boogie Cousins, Blake Griffin, LeBron types that just don’t get the calls when grounded while smaller less physically gifted dudes hang all over them. Maybe the refs feel if they give those types more calls they’d have to call more offensive fouls for when they are bumping into dudes.. but I guarantee all of them would take an extra offensive foul or two a game for 8 more free-throws. Joker has people hanging all over him all game, and scratches all over his arms as proof and has never sniffed anywhere close to double digit FT attempts in the regular season or post-season. I guess if you aren’t jumping high enough for them to see contact in the air you aren’t getting fouled lol. Just pointing that out so it’s not made out to be some Laker specific thing once the series starts. He only shoots like 6-7 free throws a game.

Lakers need DLo to be much more consistent, even if he’s not more consistent his bad games at least need to be less bad lol. He’s had some great games and moments but some of his bad games he’s legitimately looked like the worst player on the floor. Lakers can’t survive this round with a couple of those games.. Same for AD to an extent, he can’t have games/moments where he just sorta fades out of the picture. LeBron needs to look more healthy/rested whether he’s not been 100% or is just fatigued from that late season injury he’s not looked back to 100% yet in this post-season run. Unfortunately for him/Lakers it looks to me that he’s a bit hobbled more so than fatigued so that might just be their situation from here on out.

Denver has to have guys hitting shots, they need more than just a couple spurts from MPJ. Will be interesting for them to see how they matchup with AD and Bron. If AD’s jumper is going at all he’s an issue for them, Gordon’s size impacted Durant a bit but LeBron most likely won’t mind feeling that contact on him if it means no help. Murray has a shot to explode here. Dennis will be less effective on him than the last two rounds from size alone, DLo’s on ball defense has been pretty shaky. Lakers have the ability to use Vando, Brown, Reaves, Walker on him some, mix those guys in lineups and basically switch everything if needed, but their offense is going to be a bit more shaky in doing that.

One thing worth noting with Denver is I don’t think Murray likes to be screened at all. He’s always caught in this help/hedge sorta limbo and seems to be really hesitant to initiate or take contact from bigger guys. Philly spammed the hell out of Embiid screening Murray the game he dropped 40,50 whatever it was on them and even though he was hot and Bron/AD likely aren’t spamming 20 mid range jumpers if Murray shies away from contact on their screens and let’s them catch the ball in the middle of the floor over and over that could be an issue. Denver is obviously going to avoid the switch, they don’t want Jokic switching on to small guys, but the few “eye test” moments I’ve seen with Murray and bigger screeners has him really hesitant to fight through those screens, putting both he and Jokic about a step or two behind the action.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:10 PM   #11
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Denver in 7

Gonna be a tough matchup for Denver, but either opponent (LAL or GSW) would've been a tough match up talent-wise.

Joker, Murray, & MPJ gotta carry their water (and possibly more) on offense, while Gordon needs to do just enough to slow down LeBron. Anthony Davis likely gonna feast on offense, but making him work on D could take away his legs (deeper into games).

Crazy how L.A. has just flipped the switch and is one round away from another Finals appearance, though. Gotta hope some of their role players come back down to Earth (LWIV, Reaves, & Hachimura) and don't continue on this offensive tear.

Go Denver!

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2023, 01:48 PM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

https://youtu.be/6Rc5zBV0FNY last 3 minutes of game 2 in the bubble.

You really forget how big the Lakers played then.

I don't think AD vs Jokic is going to be a long term match for both teams.

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-16-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 04:52 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Dwight Howard’s defense on Jokic was huge in the bubble and they don’t have a non-AD replacement which might be costly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2023, 05:50 PM   #14
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
https://youtu.be/6Rc5zBV0FNY last 3 minutes of game 2 in the bubble.

You really forget how big the Lakers played then.

I don't think AD vs Jokic is going to be a long term match for both teams.

Damn that athmosphere. I'am glad that **** is over with.

"And here is Davis for three and the win ... OHHHH IT's GOOOOD." ****ing amazing. That man to man D on the perimeter was incredible. It's not as good this year for the lakers.

Last edited by Vni; 05-16-2023 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:42 PM   #15
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Dwight Howard’s defense on Jokic was huge in the bubble and they don’t have a non-AD replacement which might be costly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tristan Thompson and Wenyen Gabriel, FTW.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2023, 06:43 PM   #16
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Damn that athmosphere. I'am glad that **** is over with.

"And here is Davis for three and the win ... OHHHH IT's GOOOOD." ****ing amazing. That man to man D on the perimeter was incredible. It's not as good this year for the lakers.
Should've piped in louder crowd noise like the WWE.

Felt just like the real thing, LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »