Home

Old 03-20-2023, 05:01 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Draft 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Nick Smith still being top 10 in mocks is head scratching.
It's all about his hype in hs. He had been injured for alot of the college season. So it may not be fair to give him a full assessment. But he needs to come back to Arkansas and develop. He is not a lotto pick at all.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2023, 05:06 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
What's his ceiling? I think the Durant comparisons are absurd, but he could end up being a "better" (as an 'Alpha') Paul George.

All the personal stuff aside, I think he'd be an incredible "consolation" prize if the Spurs land the 3rd pick.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation
Anytime kids are compared to KD or Bron it's stupid. Yea he's long and can shoot. Lol that doesnt make you KD. I see some Brandon Roy in him. No I'm not saying he even reaches prime BROY. But if this kid gets even more polished then damn. And he will. I disagree respectably with O.J the kid can absolutely finish.

He's got the motor and big dog mentality to take over games. That's what I love.

Old 03-20-2023, 05:12 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

I love you O.J but Miller can finish. Ok I'm cherry picking stuff. But here. There was a game against South Carolina where the guy just willed his team to victory. And alot of those were around the rim. Just wrecking guys around the tin. He got the Finisher badge on this game. Finishing with his left. reading the angles, understanding the games pace. Shows explosion.

He's 10 times better then Jabari. Jabari was streaky with the J. And I like Jabari but he's not close to being as polished as BMiller and he's in the NBA.

https://youtu.be/R5Z1abBtfXA

https://youtu.be/R0ou4rOy8nw

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 03-20-2023 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:03 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Not saying he literally can’t finish, I meant in comparison given which was to Paul George where he’s not just Uber athletic drawing comparisons to prime T-Mac.

And was just pointing out that he’s just “ok” from the field overall but hits a massive chunk of threes and free-throws, and the sample size is small. He averages 3 made 2-point attempts a game. We don’t have a sample size of him doing much outside the 3 ball on a regular basis was more so my point.

Basically elaborating on why he’s not KD and shouldn’t be viewed as a dynamic 3 way threat in that sense. And maybe he can be, but we don’t have that being showcased on a game to game basis from him. So I don’t see him as a “lock” to be that guy.

He’s had some crazy games, but he’s yet to have a single game hitting double digit shots inside the 3-point line. He’s very reliant on that right now, which is fine for the player he is. I just don’t think it compares to guys who can routinely get to the rim or pick their spots in the mid range whenever they want. Like Paul George and KD.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:57 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

I guess we'll see. I could be wrong. I could be right. I was wrong about Malik Monk. I thought he'd be a star. But I watch alot of sec basketball.

Old 03-25-2023, 11:30 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I guess we'll see. I could be wrong. I could be right. I was wrong about Malik Monk. I thought he'd be a star. But I watch alot of sec basketball.

Don’t like using the tournament to over/under-rate guys but this tournament showing from him did him no favors for anybody who’s a little unsure of his abilities.

Has a top 5 pick ever shot 19% from the floor in their tournament run? That’s wild. 22% from 2, 15% from 3, over the course of those 3 games.
Old 03-26-2023, 02:20 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Don’t like using the tournament to over/under-rate guys but this tournament showing from him did him no favors for anybody who’s a little unsure of his abilities.

Has a top 5 pick ever shot 19% from the floor in their tournament run? That’s wild. 22% from 2, 15% from 3, over the course of those 3 games.
Yea I can agree to that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2023, 02:30 PM   #72
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnz1
Wow, passing on Wemby #1? I haven't seen anyone saying that they'd do that
This is like last year. I don't believe any of this **** anymore. Paolo was number one last year. He held that position until the season ended. Then all of sudden everyone was Smith Jr. We all know how that turned out

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »