Home

Sports Memorabilia

This is a discussion on Sports Memorabilia within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Sports Memorabilia

Just curious as to what you guys collect or have hanging around the man cave. I have been collecting baseball cards ever since I was a little kid and have some pretty decent hits. I also recently started a collection of autographed/game used baseballs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Sports Memorabilia

I have an entire finished basement I turned into a Phillies man cave. I have a ton of stuff in there. I got back into collecting baseball cards again in 2012, and I have also recently been adding to my Phillies bobblehead collection. I only collect the bobbleheads that were given out at home games over the years. I prefer those kinds rather than bobbleheads you can just buy in the store. My goal is to get every bobblehead the Phillies have ever released including the rare variant ones they release as well. The variant bobbleheads of players are the same bobblehead but in a different uniform. Chase Utley had a bobblehead night on Tuesday where he is in his road gray uniform, and the Phillies are having a 1960's retro weekend this weekend so a variant bobblehead of Utley in a 1960's uniform was released. My collection is enormous and I only have a select few left I need. I was lucky enough to score a bobblehead on ebay that the Phillies only made 500 of.

I have pictures in different threads on OS of my man cave.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

newmich's Arena

OVR: 0

Well of my own so far i have 10 Gordon diecast cars, a lebron Mvp picture plaque, two MJ pictures, Lebron witness poster, and a packers plaque of rodgers and the wr core.

My dad has some nice memorabilia in his man cave. Will post pics later if i remember.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I used to collect cards a lot in my Junior High/High School days. That was late 80's and early 90's when card collecting sky rocketed. Cards were way over produced though and sentimental value is about all they are worth now.

Got back into collecting cards a little bit about 10 years ago but it was short lived. I still flip through my binders and whatnot every now and then but that's about it.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 06-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

I have an autographed baseball from Pete Rose. Can't remember the exact year but the Cinncy Reds use to hold spring training in my hometown. I don't know if he was banned yet but I ran into Rose one night at a gas station. I was like 5 or 6 and had no clue who he was at the time. My dad was the one to notice him. He was very nice about signing a baseball we had in the car. That's one of the few memories I have from that age. I also remember Deon coming into the barbershop talking about how sorry our Bucs was. To this day, me and my brother have pictures with Deon and his all Ferrari having in the barbershop.

Also, while the Bucs held spring training at Disney's Wide World of Sports, me, my dad, and my cousin went to about 4 of the open practices. The players had to walk through the crowd to get to and from the practice fields. Practice was over and all the players where walking through signing autographs and whatnot. Brian Kelly came by and I ask him if I could have his gloves he had on. He took both off and gave then to me. But my cousin, who is a year younger, is standing right next to me and when BK hands me the gloves my cousin asks for one. BK then tells me to give him one of the gloves. You could imagine how hot I was. The whole ride back from Orlando, I wanted to slap fire from him. I was like 12 or 13 at the time. So instead of me wearing them in every game I played through high school, it became a decoration on my dresser.

Sent from Plant City, Florida

Last edited by fatleg3; 06-17-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 01:44 AM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I collected baseball cards until I was about eleven years old. I would still be doing it if the owner didn't ban me from the card store because he thought I was stealing (such a long story). Lost my edge then and there. I remember it was the day of ASG '99.

Good times.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
Just started!

good,still flip through my binders and whatnot every now and then but that's about it.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

I'm proud of my signed antwain Jamison basketball long story how I got it

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore, favorite place on land

Ocracoke, favorite place island in the world and I'm going in a week from today [June 15]

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »