Home

2013 World Series: St. Louis Cardinals vs Boston Red Sox

This is a discussion on 2013 World Series: St. Louis Cardinals vs Boston Red Sox within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #513
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 2013 World Series: St. Louis Cardinals vs Boston Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
As a kid growing up in Worcester, MA, I honestly believed (or was conditioned to) that I might never see a Sox championship. Now, incredibly, I've seen three. It's an embarrassment of riches, but this one in particular is right up with 04 since it was the first that my son was able to watch with me. To see his excitement is a memory I get to keep with me forever.

I know to most of you we are just another big market, pink hat, fanbase, and I definitely get that, but for some of us there is no expectation, no entitlement, just honest appreciation.
Very well said, SoxFan. I too was conditioned to believe a Sox championship might never happen. And like you feel privileged to have experience 3 in my lifetime. But most importantly my mother and father were able to experience 3 World Series championships. I like to say the first two were for them and this is one is mine. lol

What an unbelievable ride. I thought Nava homering after the bombing would be the highest feeling fans at Fenway would experience this season, and for some it very may well have been, but to see the Sox win one at home is truly special.

This team even managed to turn me around on John Lackey. Never thought the day would come where I open root for the guy. Slowly came around as the season moved along. Couldn't think of a better way for his redemption to come to a finish.

We won't look the same next year, guys will move on to other teams, others will stay. But no matter what happens, each and every one of these guys will for always be remembered for the season they managed to bless us with.

Thank you, Red Sox
Old 11-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #514

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

lol, it's catching on. NHL is only sport left I believe not to have used a championship title.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #515
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
I know a lot of people don't like him but Godspeed Tim McCarver. World Series won't be quite the same without you in the booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Does anyone know the song at the beginning of the Tim McCarver tribute?
I just posted the video of Tim McCarver's farewell after the World Series this year. I thought it was a pretty cool video tribute and then a very nice sign off with Buck on the air. Posting it for anyone who may want to watch. I know it's a couple months later but oh well:

BTW, does anyone know the song that is playing at the very beginning of the video tribute? I like that song but don't have any idea who sings it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »