Home

Old 07-20-2023, 03:32 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Immaculate Grid

You would think they’d be the easiest since they’re constantly turning over their roster, but the grids with teams that don’t really sign guys long term like the Rays and A’s are killing me
Old 07-20-2023, 07:15 PM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
You would think they’d be the easiest since they’re constantly turning over their roster, but the grids with teams that don’t really sign guys long term like the Rays and A’s are killing me
Yesterday was closest I've come to doing a perfect game.

Rays/As was only one I couldn't get.

I like looking at the list after to figure out who would've worked, and 99% of the names didn't ring a bell at all.

Sometimes I'd do it and after the fact when looking at answers I'd see which name suddenly registers as names I remember being on certain teams. Funny enough, I feel recent players in all leagues I'm less likely to remember because of all the moving players.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:58 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Yesterday was closest I've come to doing a perfect game.

Rays/As was only one I couldn't get.

I like looking at the list after to figure out who would've worked, and 99% of the names didn't ring a bell at all.

Sometimes I'd do it and after the fact when looking at answers I'd see which name suddenly registers as names I remember being on certain teams. Funny enough, I feel recent players in all leagues I'm less likely to remember because of all the moving players.
Rays/A’s is what got me too. I thought I had it with Chris Archer but I mixed up the A’s with the Pirates. Canseco was going to be my first guess but I had used him for A’s/100 RBIs

Last edited by reyes the roof; 07-20-2023 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2023, 02:05 PM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Rays/A’s is what got me too. I thought I had it with Chris Archer but I mixed up the A’s with the Pirates. Canseco was going to be my first guess but I had used him for A’s/100 RBIs
When in doubt, use Scott Kazmir.

One of my other problems is not placing a player on a team correctly because I'm not thinking of all of their uniforms. I only remembered Tony Womack for the Diamondbacks when I pictured them wearing purple and green instead of their new red and black colors, for example.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-22-2023, 03:00 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

I realized today that when you get a grid like Rookie of the Year/MVP, they don’t have to be in the same year. I made that way harder on myself than it needed to be
Old 07-22-2023, 03:32 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I realized today that when you get a grid like Rookie of the Year/MVP, they don’t have to be in the same year. I made that way harder on myself than it needed to be
Good to know, I wasn't aware either!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-22-2023, 04:53 PM   #15

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
That's what I always figured too.

I chose Ichiro anyways and surprisingly he didn't have a high percentage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2023, 08:23 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Didn’t know that either.

Took me awhile to remember Ichiro, but once I did, I got all nine for the first time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »