Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MLB Off-Topic (/forums/showthread.php?t=702297)

DrJones 02-10-2014 03:42 PM

re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdolski (Post 2045937437)
Since there really isn't anywhere to post this in the fantasy section, and I didn't want to make a new thread, I'll just quick ask here.

I have one keeper spot left for my fantasy baseball league, we keep 6 players, 5 are locks for me. The keepers just replace the first 6 rounds of the draft.

Who would you keep? David Price, Jon Lester, Michael Wacha, Aroldis Chapman, Shelby Miller, or Ryu?

Price.

10char

Kobalt 02-20-2014 06:12 PM

Really, Phillies?

http://deadspin.com/report-the-phill...ium=socialflow

ShowTyme15 02-21-2014 10:34 AM

Jesus Montero showed up to camp 40 pounds over his target weight. Jack Z wasn't too happy.

That disinterest in conditioning in the offseason didn’t do much change the minds of people who have been skeptical of Montero’s work ethic. It certainly didn’t inspire Zduriencik, who was clearly unhappy with the situation.

“It’s up to him,” Zduriencik said. ” I have zero expectations for Jesus Montero. Any expectations I had are gone.”

TripleCrown9 02-21-2014 11:47 AM

I remember for like a month after Montero got called up with New York, people (mainly the crazies) were saying he was the next Jorge Posada.

NYJets 02-21-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTyme15 (Post 2045973359)
Jesus Montero showed up to camp 40 pounds over his target weight. Jack Z wasn't too happy.

That disinterest in conditioning in the offseason didn’t do much change the minds of people who have been skeptical of Montero’s work ethic. It certainly didn’t inspire Zduriencik, who was clearly unhappy with the situation.

“It’s up to him,” Zduriencik said. ” I have zero expectations for Jesus Montero. Any expectations I had are gone.”

Geez, so much talent, and he's flushing it down the toilet.

ShowTyme15 02-21-2014 05:58 PM

Yankees Randy Levine, Red Sox Larry Lucchino trade barbs
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...o-trade-barbs/

Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez isn’t impressing anyone in Phillies camp
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...phillies-camp/

Jr. 02-22-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 2045971559)

Such a bush league move. I wonder how this will affect their ability to negotiate with collegiate players in the future

12 02-22-2014 05:07 PM

MLB Off-Topic 2014

Maybe Montero has talent, but he hasn't shown it yet. He's slow, fat, has zero work ethic and discipline, cheats, and can't play defense. Seriously, the Mariners spent much of their time with him in Spring Training last year trying to teach him how to run. His bat, which was supposed to be his ONE tool, hasn't arrived. I doubt it ever will and that's not an indictment on his talent.

I'd be OK with the M's releasing him and freeing up a 40-man roster spot. He's terrible. I give him a slight chance of pulling his head out, because he still has youth on his side, but despite Pineda's shoulder injury, he still looks to be a part of the Yankees future. As of now, it's just another trade that Jack Z got fleeced on.