Home

Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

This is a discussion on Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada_Carlos_Ball
Your Canada Video Dynasty got me into OS and FIFA Dynasties!

Awesome thread, too bad you couldn't have made it farther

Love the Liverpool idea. I'm thinking of starting a Newcastle Video Dynasty but I've no idea where to get a device which would properly record FIFA.

I'd suggest taking a look at Demba Ba, while he is expensive he would complement the speedy, small Suarez very well.

Or, if you're looking for a 4-3-2-1, or some other formation with just the one man up front (Suarez), take a look at Abdou Razack Traoré. Plays in Russia I believe. 76 overall, and young too. Very pace-y.

Good luck with all of this, I'll definitely be following!
The default formation for Liverpool in the game is a 4-3-3. I'm going to run with that for awhile and see where it gets me. I always find the problem with FIFA is that in the offensive zone players don't push forward enough. I'll often come down a wing and there will be like one guy to send a cross to in the box. It's maddening at times. So I don't want to play with just one striker.

Ba is great but I've already picked up another striker who I will announce in due course.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

I'm actually surprised Gerrard's stamina is as high as 76. He always tired quickly in my FIFA 09 dynasty and it drove me crazy. He never seemed to play as well for me in FIFA as he did in real life. Probably my fault. I need him to play at a high level.

(Edit: Hmm, I just looked back at my FIFA 09 stats and he had eight goals in 43 games, completed a high percentage of his passes (76 per cent) and had the best percentage of tackles won (75 per cent) on the team. So my memory isn't that good).

Sahin is being loaned from Real Madrid. His physical skills are nothing to write home about but his technical skills are great.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

I'm pretty happy with my midfielders. There's depth there and I don't think I need to add anyone in the opening transfer window.

I think if I got a good offer for Cole I'd have to think about letting him go at age 30. Plus he's only "content" as opposed to the other players who are happy. We don't want any growing malcontents on the team. If I keep Cole, perhaps I should think about loaning out Shelvey.

Leiva's finishing rating is 23. LOL!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

wow is Lucas really not that clinical in front of goal? Lol.

Man, I personally am not a huge fan of Jonjo - he's got a good size, heck of a shot on him - but I'm just not convinced from real life. In this game though, seems his stats are okay - and being only 20 - you have a good one. I think he's trade bait still though, but that's just me
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #21
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
wow is Lucas really not that clinical in front of goal? Lol.

Man, I personally am not a huge fan of Jonjo - he's got a good size, heck of a shot on him - but I'm just not convinced from real life. In this game though, seems his stats are okay - and being only 20 - you have a good one. I think he's trade bait still though, but that's just me
His ratings certainly aren't that great. I'll try to loan him out and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Suarez is obviously the prized possession here. I expect he`s going to absolutely dominate and be among the league`s top goal scorers. I`d be disappointed if he didn`t end up in the top five. (I think he could even score more than Matteo. LOL)

I do like Assaidi`s speed and acceleration ratings. He could be a dynamic duo with Suarez. If he can draw defenders with his speed and get space for Suarez to finish good things will happen.

There`s some nice pieces here in Downing and Borini. I will sign another striker. You can never have too many high end strikers.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #23
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

I could see Pacheco playing some early round Capital Cup and FA Cup games. I like his speed, dribbling and balance ratings. If I sign another striker he's going to have a hard time finding playing time.

Sterling, Yesil and Ngoo will see some time in the pre-season friendlies to drum up some interest for loans. I've read that unless you play them a bit the other teams won't make loan offers in FIFA 13. I'm not sure if that's correct but I'm not going to take any chances. I want these young players to develop.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #24
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Well, isn't this just a grand way to start off this dynasty. In the default rosters that came with the game I don't recall Gerrard being injured. I must have used one of the newer rosters. It's about six weeks before the start of the season so hopefully Gerrard will okay for the first league game.

I wish the board had taken this into account when they set the goal of winning the league for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »