Home

The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09)

This is a discussion on The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09)

*NOTE: I know that for the 09-10 season The Boro have been relegated. However, I ask you to look past history for the purposes of this dynasty.

The Sun
Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough-

New Beginning
As newly appointed Middlesbrough manager, Jason Marad, took the stage
he neglected to reflect on the past struggles of The Boro. His stern gaze forward represented what he meant for this hallowed club, progress. "The failures are in the past", Marad said, "this is a look into the future. We owe it to our supporters to begin to take a step forward and start playing some proper football." However, as much as he may want to, Marad cannot escape this club's failure over the past few seasons. For the last five campaigns they have only finished in the top 10 once.

Tactis
After adressing the media on the importance of focusing on the future, not the past for this club, Marad then went on to review his intended tactis for the upcoming season. "We will stick with the 4-4-2 formation. We will play conservative, counter attacking style football. It would be foolish of us to go out and try to play the fast paced, attacking football such as that of Manchester and Chelsea. We simply do not have the players to properly play that way. We will play our game. Calmn, conservative, and most importantly, intellegent."

Transfers
With the transfer period open for about a month at the beginning of this season, Marad has already begun to make some changes. Backup goalkeeper Brad Jones ($580,000), center back Chris Riggot ($500,000), and striker Marlon King ($3,600,000) have all been put up for sale. With a budget of $18,450,000, Marad also has some cash to make a few moves in the market. "It would be silly of me to disclose our interest to you. However, I can tell you that I have not limited my options to any one position. I do have a few players in mind but I am open and willing to purchase any player who I feel will fit into my system."

Sponsor
Along with their new manager, Middlesbrough has also signed with a new sponsor. Taucer Insurance, who boast, "Offering car and home insurance, Taucer is the largest regional insurnace company. With friendly and helpful staff, Taucer tackes the hassle out of insurance." The sponsorship funding is as follows:
Match funding: $975,990
Loyalty qualifier: Finish in top 3 ($1,168,500)
Bonus Requirements: Become league champion ($1,528,400), Win a domestic cup ($2,078,700)
Season Objective: Finish top 3 in the league

Other notes: World class difficulty with 6 minute halves.

Thanks for everyone who stopped by! More to come!!!!!

Last edited by Inter4Life; 06-30-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Riverside Tour: A Middlesbrough F.C. Dynasty (FIFA 09)

The Sun
Robinho, Manchester City Spoil Marad's Debut; Transfers Rumors

Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough- Newly appointed Middlesbrough manager Jason Marad took to the bench as he watched his team go down 2-0 to a revamped Manchester City side. In this past summers transfer market, City added players such as Robinho, Elano, Craig Bellamy, and Shaun Wright-Phillips to help them compete with the ever growing talent in the Barclays Premiership. Much to the dismay of manager Marad, Manchester City put on a terrific display of their new weapons. "They are a very strong side. Robinho is a brilliant player. Bellamy and himself provide terrific attacking options." Robinho struck twice, first in the 24th minute as he slipped behind the defense and slotted the ball from just inside the box into the right side netting. Then, in a similar instance at the 45th minute, only this time it was to the left of the keeper Turnbull. "That goal right before half really killed our momentum. Even after the first goal you could feel that we still had confidence. We were keeping the ball well. That was the dagger" said striker Afonso Alves.

The Boro did provide their fair amount of chances, all of which coming after the 60th minute of play. In the 68th minute Afonso Alves slipped passed Dunne on City's right side and took shot from around the top of the box but put it over the net. Some 8 minutes later Emnes dribble by Dunne, finding himself inside the box but his shot was saved by David James. Finally, in the 82nd minute Middlesbrough flashed a moment of birlliance when the ball was played from Emnes on the right side into the middle of the field to Afonso Alves, who put a thru ball to Downing. Downing found himself alone in the box, but yet again the shot was saved.

Marad wrapped up his thoughts by saying, "We played ok. There were some moments of beauty and others which were not so nice. We must be more consistent." The Boro now travel to White Heart Lane to take on Tottenham Hotspur.

Starting IX

Manchester City (4-4-1-1):
D. James; P. Zabaleta, R. Dunne, M. Richards, W. Bridge; V. Kompany, N. De Jong, S. Wright-Phillips, S. Ireland; Robinho; C. Bellamy

Middlesbrough (4-4-2):
R. Turnball; J. Hoyte, R.Huth, D. Wheater, E. Pogatetz; M. Emnes, D. Digard, G. O'Neil, S Downing; Afonso Alves, Tuncay

Transfer Rumors
Despite Jason Marad's silence on the transfer situation, leaked reports have linked The Boro with 18 year-old Douglas Costa from Brazilian side Gremio and 17 year-old Jack Rodwell from Everton. Costa is a creative central midfielder and Rodwell is a more defensive minded center midfielder. There has been no discussion about the transfer fee for either of these players at this time.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Great so far! Welcome to OS
Old 06-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Great so far! Welcome to OS
Thanks. Really appreciate your comment.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter4Life
Thanks. Really appreciate your comment.
No problem. I will be following this. Good luck trying to get third place in the league, if you can pull it off I will be beyond impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
No problem. I will be following this. Good luck trying to get third place in the league, if you can pull it off I will be beyond impressed.
Same here. Looking to make some moves to try and get that top 3 finish. Honestly, I'll be happy to get top 8. At least I'll get to play in some cup (Either Champions league or UEFA Cup). The domestic cup is reachable though. Just need to win the F.A. Cup. Alot easier said than done though.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter4Life
Same here. Looking to make some moves to try and get that top 3 finish. Honestly, I'll be happy to get top 8. At least I'll get to play in some cup (Either Champions league or UEFA Cup). The domestic cup is reachable though. Just need to win the F.A. Cup. Alot easier said than done though.
A LOT easier said than done. All it takes is one bad match, and poof, there goes your chances. Can't wait to see what moves you make.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Good to see another FIFA dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »