Home

Soccer Blast (Pro Soccer Simulation Board Game)

This is a discussion on Soccer Blast (Pro Soccer Simulation Board Game) within the Other Soccer Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Other Soccer Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2022, 03:28 PM   #9
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Soccer Blast (Pro Soccer Simulation Board Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Glad to hear you are enjoying the game! It literally has everything and Keith is amazing to work with.

I picked up the pdf version of the 2022 World Cup projection set with the 12 bonus teams. The cards look incredible. Tons of color and they're a little larger than the typical SB cards.

Somewhere out there is a home brew of the 71-72 British top division. It is well done. The top four teams were divided by only one point. Arsenal and Tottenham were 5th and 6th and within 6 and 7 points respectively. Back then teams rarely subbed except for injuries.

There is also a home brew of the 82 World Cup. Italy won this one and the cards have a similar look to the 2022 WC cards. Very colorful.

If you want these sets and can't find them, shoot me an PM with your email and I get them over to you.
I saw those at the link you posted above. I'm definitely interested in the English First Division sets (there is also one available from like 1955-56 which I think is amazing). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on those.

I've played 3 or 4 more matches since the last one I posted so I've played almost 10 now. I found a score sheet (I think it was at BGG) that I prefer to the standard one that comes with the game so I'm using it now.

Now that I've gotten comfortable with the game and with how I'm going to use the score sheet that I found, I'm ready to start a project with this game. Aside from learning the game I needed to figure out what I want to track in a replay and the new score sheet in using has what I need.

I've set up a replay of the 2016-17 EPL season. I'll be playing all 38 of Chelsea's matches and using the Instant Results Table to simulate the rest.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2022, 08:32 AM   #10
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

I've already torn through half of my 2016-17 Chelsea replay. Through 19 matchdays, Chelsea are 2nd in the league table at 12-5-2 which is good for 41 pts (with a GD of +23). They will be hard pressed to match their real life total of 93 points (30-3-5) but are still very much in play to win the league.

Arsenal are tops at the moment with 45 pts (14-3-2, +22). Spurs are 3rd with 40 pts (12-4-3, +15). Manchester City are 4th with 37 pts (11-4-4, +25).

The surprise side of the season has been Bournemouth who are 5th (!) with 36 pts (11-3-5, +14). Manchester United are 6th with 32 pts (9-5-5, +9) while Liverpool sit in 7th with 30 pts (8-6-5, +9).

The bottom 3 facing relegation are Crystal Palace who are 18th with 16 pts (4-4-11, -9), Sunderland with 11 pts (2-5-12, -17) and Middlesbrough with 7 pts (1-4-14, -19). Boro did not win until taking a 1-0 result from Swans on Matchday 17.

I haven't tabulated any season stats for Chelsea just yet but I'm going to do that before moving on to the second half of the season. I will probably post some of that data here.

Games are taking about an hour for me to play which is not bad at all, considering that I keep relatively detailed stats.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:08 AM   #11
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

I'm winding down my 2016-17 Chelsea EPL replay, with 33 matches in the books. Chelsea are on the verge on winning the league as they are currently 24-7-2 (64 GF, 19 GA, +45).

Hazard leads the Blues with 21 goals, while Costa has 14. Alonso tips the squad with 6 assists, Pedro is second with 4. In 31 starts, Courtois has kept 20 clean sheets.

Chelsea's 79 points leads Everton (+33) and Arsenal (+22) by 15 points in the table. Spurs are 4th with 63 points (+20). City are 5th with 60 points (+33) followed by Liverpool (56, +17) and United (52, +5).

Middlesbrough (15, -37) and Sunderland (16, -39) have been relegated. Hull City (32, -27), Palace (32, -7) and Burnley (34, -15) are all trying to avoid the same fate.

PLAAY Classic has its annual Black Friday sale and I managed to grab the 2022 World Cup card set with the extra teams. It includes all 32 participating nations as well as 12 countries who either narrowly missed (Ukraine) or usually qualify (Italy). There is also a free download for this set that has all 36 referees carded (with their individualized personalities and traits) and a Alternate Penalty Kick System and a chart that implements the use of VAR (in association with the carded refs).

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Other Soccer Games »