Home

The current NHL series terrible, how about 2K?

This is a discussion on The current NHL series terrible, how about 2K? within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2020, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

OVR: 0
The current NHL series terrible, how about 2K?

How are you gals and guys playing the 2K series? Is it on a console or is it on a PC? How are the rosters updated? Any information will be appreciated.

Personally, I've liked the 2K hockey games, as they were more in depth, etc. Graphically, the EA hockey games looked nicer, but they lacked the immersion. Gameplay > graphics. It's too bad that what we have now for a hockey video game, and 6 interations into the current generation of consoles, is so frustrating, under developed, a weak rendition and lackluster. Yeah, not only is it disappointing to not have live NHL hockey, but attempting to deal with NHL 20 is worse.

Help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: The current NHL series terrible, how about 2K?

Some people mostly play NHL2K8, NHL2K10 on consoles, XBOX360 or PS3. You can download rosters for those games from the subsections of this forum.

I play 2KHS on the PC. 2KHS is a mod for NHL2K11 that updates the game with improved gameplay, graphics and classic rosters. As an addon to this mod you can download the NHL2K20 roster from http://PlayNHL.TK

For more info about 2KHS and more, check the forums here and here.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

Last edited by nikethebike; 03-23-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Everything nikethebike said is spot on. 2K is as he said.
I would add that the majority of 2K play is on consoles with only PS2 titles being played by very very few on emulators.

NHL Legacy on PS3/360 is absolutely worth a look if you own it. In my opinion it is the best NHL in the 360/PS3 era and fantastic rosters are available in the Legacy section of the NHL forums by ref99.

Other than that, some of the best gameplay is on the PC versions of NHL04 and NHL09 that have fantastic modding communities. If you really really are in the mindset of gameplay over graphics, you have to look at those two titles.

And a note: no game's mod or rosters will permit you to play more than a 30 game season. None. Not possible. But most have Vegas to replace for another of the 30 teams.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

I appreciate your responses.

I have a PS4, so the console route isn't going to happen. With that, is there a simplified (shortened) version to sort this out for a PC?
Old 03-29-2020, 04:37 AM   #5
MVP

What are your PC specifications?

The emulator route is very CPU demanding. 2KHS requires a computer that can run at about 4GHz continously if you want the full experience so to speak.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2020, 04:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_MTN_BEAR
How are you gals and guys playing the 2K series? Is it on a console or is it on a PC? How are the rosters updated? Any information will be appreciated.

Personally, I've liked the 2K hockey games, as they were more in depth, etc. Graphically, the EA hockey games looked nicer, but they lacked the immersion. Gameplay > graphics. It's too bad that what we have now for a hockey video game, and 6 interations into the current generation of consoles, is so frustrating, under developed, a weak rendition and lackluster. Yeah, not only is it disappointing to not have live NHL hockey, but attempting to deal with NHL 20 is worse.

Help is appreciated.
I'm still playing on the PS3 with the last official update 2K did. I know the rosters are 10 years old but there's still a lot of players on there that are still playing today and in any case, personally, I love playing with the generation of players...I like the big boys like John Scott, Boogie, Carkner, Belak etc etc, so playing with an old roster is no issue. I'm still having a blast with it. Obviously a game this old lacks some of the modern polish but it's in no way bad to look and imo with the sliders I've got and the settings I use I get a really good sim game out of it. I find that this game rewards you for making hockey plays...whereas even to this day in EA I feel that they don't understand core hockey values, plays, nuances.
2K isn't perfect of course but I enjoy it a damn sight more than NHL20. I don't have time to go into all the 2K features but honestly, the fact that I still play it to this day just speaks to it's quality.

Last edited by Drop_ya_mitts; 06-10-2020 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_ya_mitts
I'm still playing on the PS3 with the last official update 2K did. I know the rosters are 10 years old but there's still a lot of players on there that are still playing today and in any case, personally, I love playing with the generation of players...I like the big boys like John Scott, Boogie, Carkner, Belak etc etc, so playing with an old roster is no issue. I'm still having a blast with it. Obviously a game this old lacks some of the modern polish but it's in no way bad to look and imo with the sliders I've got and the settings I use I get a really good sim game out of it. I find that this game rewards you for making hockey plays...whereas even to this day in EA I feel that they don't understand core hockey values, plays, nuances.
2K isn't perfect of course but I enjoy it a damn sight more than NHL20. I don't have time to go into all the 2K features but honestly, the fact that I still play it to this day just speaks to it's quality.

Why are you doing that? We have a pretty decent up to date roster here and it's easy to transfer/install. Just get it to a USB stick, transfer it from the main screen on your PS3 and then load it once you start the game up.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...rs-ps3-36.html
Old 06-17-2020, 04:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Why are you doing that? We have a pretty decent up to date roster here and it's easy to transfer/install. Just get it to a USB stick, transfer it from the main screen on your PS3 and then load it once you start the game up.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...rs-ps3-36.html
I just like that era of players...I'm not such a fan of the current generation.
My favourite players are no longer in the league, so it's nice to still be able to play with/against them and relive those good times

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »