Home

Gridiron Solitaire, Anyone Check This Out?

This is a discussion on Gridiron Solitaire, Anyone Check This Out? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Gridiron Solitaire, Anyone Check This Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
Super addictive game....lots of strategy yet it was simple enough to have my 10 year old daughter help me out as my offensive coordinator. Lots of fun with the ability to customize. The commentator pre game is a hoot! Thumbs up!
Thanks, man, I really appreciate it!
b
Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Still loving this game. Is there any way to change teams during the 30 year course of a league? Perhaps through the game folders?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
Still loving this game. Is there any way to change teams during the 30 year course of a league? Perhaps through the game folders?
Hi Matt,
If you go into the TeamInfo.txt file (look in your league directory in the Gridiron Solitaire directory in MyDocuments), you can edit the team names. The only thing to watch out for is that if you make a team name or nickname longer than the allowed characters (13 for team name, 10 for nickname), the name might get clipped in some cases.

I'd highly recommend backing up the league directory first, and if you have any questions, just let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 06:07 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Hi Matt,
If you go into the TeamInfo.txt file (look in your league directory in the Gridiron Solitaire directory in MyDocuments), you can edit the team names. The only thing to watch out for is that if you make a team name or nickname longer than the allowed characters (13 for team name, 10 for nickname), the name might get clipped in some cases.

I'd highly recommend backing up the league directory first, and if you have any questions, just let me know.
Sorry bill. I meant change which team is user controlled. I just won the championship and would like to take control of the worst team in the league to rebuild them.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Sorry bill. I meant change which team is user controlled. I just won the championship and would like to take control of the worst team in the league to rebuild them.
You can do that, too. Look at the TeamInfo.xt file for that league. Here's a sample line:
12,Danville,Lobsters,#FFFF0000,#FF000000,2,0,0,1,2 ,4,2,3,5,0,0,0,0,2,20000,,,,,,,OFFENSEPASS,1,,,,,, ,0,0,0,0,0,0

Okay, what you want to look for is the 4th value after the HTML color values. So following the HTML values, the next four numbers are "2,0,0,1". The "1" is the field that identifies which team you're controlling. So change the existing team you're controlling to "0" in that field, and for the team you want to control, change that team's field to "1".

Your Team History is going to be borked, because it's not set up to account for different teams, but you'll just have your coaching career totals for the teams you coached instead of a single Franchise history. If you have any trouble with this, just let me know!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #54
Rookie

Thanks once again, bill!
Old 11-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Thanks once again, bill!
You bet, Matt. Glad I could help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #56
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Alright Bill! When is the college version coming out?

It would be cool to have some kind of solitaire mini game for recruiting. Maybe assign special points for wins/bowl games and you can use them to get cards to try to get a better recruit.

I dunno. I'm just a college football kinda guy and I like the game too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »