Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #25
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
Well, I'll go ahead and add my 2 cents to the debate that has been beaten to death for two years now.

Things I loved about 2K that I wish would be in Madden (360):

- Tackling system
- Presentation
- Saving replays
- Simming to end of game
- Halftime/end of game/weekly highlights
- Customizable stadium music

Overall I always had an issue with the way players controlled in 2k. Not the control layout, but the "feel" of them. I couldn't always get them to do exactly what I wanted. D-Line play was fantastic though. Control in Madden I feel has always been one of the game's strongest point. It has always felt very solid (except for last year's 360 offering).

07 is playing very well so far for me. If it had gang tackling (the one mechanic that would drastically change the way this game plays and feels) it would be fantastic. Oh, and I wish there a few less pancake blocks.

It's hard to control the DB's in 2K5. When trying to change direction, instead of the player being rotated on an axis, the player moves in a circlular motion before heading toward the direction that you want. Thus wasted precious split seconds needed to catch up to the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #26
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
How's about what does Madden have that 2K5 doesn't? I loved 2K but in no way was it perfect. Unfortunately many of you don't admit to the problems.

There should have been more in the 2nd next gen release. Next year is the year I think we will finally see ESPN presentation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I liked NFL 2K5, but this is getting old. 2K5 did a lot of things well. But there were also plenty of areas where it was behind Madden 2005. Franchise mode for starters.

Despite its flaws, I enjoyed 2K5 ... two years ago. Let it go already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
I think its funny that so many people hold on to the 2K series as the messiah of football. I think both games have their good and bad. What I do know is that if 2K came out with a new gaem there would be plenty of complaints about that. I didn't feel Madden was worth it this year and just rented the game. A game is supposed to be fun and if you don't have fun with it don't buy it...or if you did buy it, trade it in while it still has value. After a while what I find tiring is that people take the game of Madden personally. Like EA is peeing on your shoes...they are in the business of making games. Just like every other business out there. Sure, post your opinions and have fun, but man there seem to be more important things in life to give attention to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbagamez
As much as I liked 2k5, it had some big gameplay flaws. Yes the graphics and presentation were awesome, but the gameplay flaws were there.

-qb spy defensive hot route(or w/e you wanna call it) didnt work.

-running game featured way too many broken tackles

-db ai was HORRIBLE, worse than any game ive seen

-the game had a small defensive playbook. about half the size of madden's.

^^^ those problems for me were far worse than cb jetpacking in madden, or mario running. thats why i rented 2k5 but bought madden 2005. madden wasnt perfect, but it was better than 2k5 imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
A bunch of people still crying for it. I feel bad for some of these people's future grandchildren. "When I was your age we had this game called NFL 2K5. It had just as many flaws as that Madden game but we overlooked them. The funny thing is we would never alow the people that enjoyed Madden to do the same."
Ha! Homey asked what 2K5 had that Madden doesn't, and these are your responses? Why so defensive? Why answer "What's missing/wrong with Madden" with "This is what was wrong with 2K"?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #27
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Ha! Homey asked what 2K5 had that Madden doesn't, and these are your responses? Why so defensive? Why answer "What's missing/wrong with Madden" with "This is what was wrong with 2K"?

Good job on the multiple quotes. Some ppl get so defensive when they hear 2K compared to Madden. All he asked was a simple question.

Anyway, I dont even know why this discussion is taking place. If a person does'nt know what 2K had over Madden by now, they must have been living in an Amish settlement for the last 3 years.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

Some more that I havent seen posted.

Franchise fantasy draft.
Coop.
The ability to create custom playbooks.
The ability to assign players to specific locations on kickoff.
The ability to designate your nickle and dime linebackers.
The customization to put any D player at any D position, which allowed for the creation of hybrid defenses such as having 4 dlineman, 2 lbs, 2 cbs, 2 ss and 1 fs.
Fatigue.
Route running attribute.

That is off the top of my head after just waking up 4 minutes ago. I bet I could double that list with little trouble.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:50 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

After playing Madden 07 for the last 2 days it is already getting a little stale to me. The reasons are mario running ( man I hate that), crappy presentation, 30 FPS ( not that much of a problem but still), stuttering camera between plays (VERY annoying to me), no halftime, goofy *bomb* sound effect, no net behind the goal posts, to dark in afternoon games, etc, etc...

I should not have bought it. I am part of the problem, not the solution. I told myself not to get it but...it's football. The game that got me into video games so long ago.

I hate what EA has done.Or rather, what the NFL let happen. We can only hope that one day this whole exclusive BS goes away and we once again have competition and therefore better games and most important A CHOICE!

Okay, i'm off my soapbox...for now

Oh yeah, What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?
Great developers with a passion for the great game of football.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:51 AM   #30
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

2K5 had better running, passing, tackling, at-the-line audibles, presentation, extras (pre/post game shows, weekly wrap up shows), replays, graphics (if you're talking current gen Madden), gang tackles.

About the only things I don't like about 2K5 is the DB AI and the kinda quirky running animations. Franchise can become sloppy w. trades plus the draft.

Obviously 2K5 is nowhere near perfect, but they were making such large strides each year that it's frustrating to think of what 2K7 would look like right now.

Obviously from that statement you can tell I'm not one of the people who thinks 2K4 was better than 2K5.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #31
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

I loved 2k football, and hated Madden. However, I do like this year's Madden on 360 very much. I think that it could stand having more of 2K's presentation style (announcers, pregame, halftime, and postgame shows, stat overlay graphics during game, etc., postgame interviews).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 29

Controls. I really felt like I had a lot more control over my players in 2k5 than I do with this game. It somehow feels like I'm sort of telling them what to do - but they don't have to, if they don't want to. Often the controls feel unresponsive. Something I'll just have to get used to, as it's my first Madden game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »