Home

Recommend Best PC Game, with….

This is a discussion on Recommend Best PC Game, with…. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-07-2024, 07:40 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Recommend Best PC Game, with….

…where Users Can Create Custom & Edit- Plays, Game Plans & Profiles, & Can Do More Than Simulate Games, Excluding FPS: FBP?

I have a computer repair person creating DOS box on my LT to play FBP ‘98 on my LT.* Excited to finally be able to again use the best editing & creation custom of plays, game plans (really play sheets) & profiles ever! I want also compare it to the best available of today’s games.

*- Hoping will be done today, do not get me started on the amount of time it has taken, but he is only employee & tons of business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2024, 05:26 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Recommend Best PC Game, with….

Thanks & all my politeness is yours.

But not to use FPS: FBP '98 to simulate any games I play & watch some others.

Also, not to sound like a broken record, but for the industry of FB Games to progress closer to really offering ability to offer as close as possible to what real world organized FB leagues offer (obviously two-most important NFL & NCAA, but I always like FB diversity), it needs to at least blend FBP '98's Plays, Game Plans (which really is what real world coaches use- Play Sheets) & Profiles creation/customization (as a former & failed real world FB coach & decades of diehard fan I can think of small imporvements- like lining up DL & OL according to what each other lines up), with everything else they offer, even if have to take away some other a lot less important/more dumbing down & fluff- like graphics & Etc.. I know that is long sentence, but extremely important, because without at least 2-games having this (competition is always important for industry steps into evolving for completeness, challenging & thus, creativity, fun & Etc. beyond just game play & for the better.- I have revolutionary offensive that has FBs at numbers & HBs move behind them for catching Laterials (SP?), TE just behind center to right of second level of def., another HB either behind or infront of QB, another FB & HB at numbers or WR at slot or numbers (& dominated computer & family when decades ago played FBP '98; rest have evolved since then to what follows), OLmen far from standard positions & even Center not hiking & no QBs, QBs & HBs that can do it all, positioned at punting or kicking distance & unique defenses that are 9-players on LOS & standard 3-5-3 (& dominated computer & family when decades ago played FBP '98; rest have evolved since then to what follows), but extremely light weight players, making passing & pass protecting extremely hard to do, but team tackling & pursuit only way to stop the run games. That is not taking advantage of games' logic & play calling that is fight dumbing down cause by those two-problems, & thus, eventually, evolving all of FB.

Do you play FPS: FBP '98, ever used the PLAYs-Profiles Creation/Customization features?
Do you visit other FBP gaming forums? Like VPNFL (posting there, better profile
& once for a now, I assume, defunct FBP league, so dominate with old FBP series threads & posts. Maybe, not defunct, though yet to receive a reply, since the computer repair person (installed DOS Box & wrong FBP version/'93, trying to find free FBP '98 version to replace it with) recommended me to go to this website to find people that are dedicated & halped him.

Last edited by HelpComputerSportsAs; 01-11-2024 at 12:26 PM. Reason: To save posts here & to thank replier
Old 01-10-2024, 08:51 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Try Pro Strategy Football 2024
Old 01-11-2024, 12:16 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Try Pro Strategy Football 2024

Thanks, I will have to check out a demo to use or if limited to video torturial, before I decide.

From what I know, from description of game, I love the upto 140-Ts/Ps/Fs, rules flexibility & has a plays creation/customization (though does not look as good as FBP '98) features. The graphics look bad, but I care a lot more about other stuff, as everyone knows.

Last edited by HelpComputerSportsAs; 01-11-2024 at 01:29 PM. Reason: To thank replier & Add what I like about, for now.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:38 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpComputerSportsAs
Thanks, I will have to check out a demo to use or if limited to video torturial, before I decide.

From what I know, from description of game, I love the upto 140-Ts/Ps/Fs, rules flexibility & has a plays creation/customization (though does not look as good as FBP '98) features. The graphics look bad, but I care a lot more about other stuff, as everyone knows.

The thing that I love about it, is that like OOTP Baseball now, you can watch the game play out, either as a spectator or as the coach of your team. And that goes for any of the games that are being played that particular week. If you don't want to watch a full game, you can just watch highlights. Also, the game has a modding community and there are season mods our from every decade. There is even a college football mod as well. I play mine on my Ipad, so it's very convienant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2024, 01:54 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
The thing that I love about it, is that like OOTP Baseball now, you can watch the game play out, either as a spectator or as the coach of your team. And that goes for any of the games that are being played that particular week. If you don't want to watch a full game, you can just watch highlights. Also, the game has a modding community and there are season mods our from every decade. There is even a college football mod as well. I play mine on my Ipad, so it's very convienant.

I do not know what OOTP Baseball is,

The Scouting element does sound awesome, so much easier, when built into the game.

& while I hate game Simming, that I want to scout or entertainment to watch, Simming within only parts of the games does sound interesting, when only for entertainment purposes- like 5 or less yards on punts & KOs. For SImulationFL.net on YouTube, I have down that with the fastward & rewind buttons, but in this game if sim to far or the play was more than 5-yards & I wanted to watch it, afterwards, can I watch that play & continue on from that point?

I like to improve upon what the real world NFL & NCAA is doing, like realigning to what it should be & add all states involvements- FBP '98 makes over 30-ts/ps/fs impossible not really good, but I still did it, when I had the game.

Those Mods do not seem like I want, correct me, if I am wrong, but with the game, one can create a higher educational FB association (The NCAA FBS does not even have 140-programs), no need for the mod?

I do not like anything but LT & even if I can broadcast it to my large TV screen, then I like it even more.

Last edited by HelpComputerSportsAs; 01-11-2024 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2024, 02:10 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:

What are the restrictions & capabilities to Plays Creation-Customization? Does it have Creation-Customization for what FBP '98 calls Game Plans & Profiles? Especially, how are the game plans any different than what The Real World FB calls Play Sheets (unlike FBP '98)? You read about my revolutionary offensive & unique defense & revolutionary players' positions switching.

What about actually coaching for players development & fimilarization with the above paragraph?

Can decided what qualifies as players making ALL-Star/Pro Bowl & HOF?

I assume it does having soccer style Tear (SP?) system?
How about post playoffs/end of leagues' calendar year tournaments?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »