Home

Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

This is a discussion on Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market! within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabra1
Just lost as a 1 seed vs a 16 seed in the national tournament. This game is going to give me an aneurysm.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I'm not even a big college BB fan, but I applaud your effort on this great game. Curious what teams these cities (Fargo&Clermont) represent, is it a div III game or something?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #34
MVP

Fargo is probably North Dakota State. Idk about Clermont though. Maybe IUPUI seeing how they're in the same conference in game and real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolnier
Wow! That's crazy! I guess it's bound to happen! Their top 6 players all had good consistency, so that sure helped increase their chances of an upset. Did they win their next game after upsetting you?
Nope they lost. I have seen a 17 seed make the championship game though believe it or not. Wish I would've remembered to take a screenshot of it. Now that I look back on in a less salty manner I should've switched Klempin and Franklin. I feel like the PPG is more important than the overalls sometimes, which I like, and I think Klempin could've at least offset Foster with their offensive skills. No excuse for Ashcraft laying that egg though lol.

I'd say leave the heights and positions out of it. i personally love the simplicity of this game and I feel adding those things would unnecessarily complicate things even if it is just superficial.

Last edited by cabra1; 01-19-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:32 AM   #35
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

In regards to the position and height ideas, you started it as a quick and easy to play text sim, and I really think you should leave it how it is. Being able to rotate guys throughout the lineup to figure out best match-ups in all spots is great. I've been insanely busy recently so I haven't fired the game up since the latest patch, but I'm looking forward to playing this weekend!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #36
Rookie

zolnier's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey all! Just wanted to pass along a heads up that 1.2.00 is in review and about to be released. It's already live on Google Play and should be live in iTunes shortly.

Lots of good stuff in this release:

Added the Zolnier Performance Index (ZPI), which is a measure of a team's performance throughout the season. It is based on a combination of a team's home and away wins and losses, their opponents' & opponents-opponents' wins and losses and their wins against ranked teams. A team's rank, their ZPI and the overall strength of their schedule (SoS) are now major factors in a team getting invited to the National Championship Tournament. ZPI is available after week 10.

After week 10, you can now see the ZPI Rank, SoS Rank and National Tournament prediction (IN/OUT) for each team, when viewing their roster in the Teams and Players screen.

Added HALL OF FAME and the ability to retire! Check out the round Hall of Fame button on the bottom of the Title screen!

You can now name your coach! A coach who has no name needs an identity! (Get the reference? Sometimes I think I'm funny...)

You can also edit your coach's name at any time in the Settings screen for each season.

Tweaks to the My Career screen. Added 'Retire this Coach' button.

Added What's New summary screen, which you can see any time via the 'Whats New' button on the bottom of the Title screen.

Small tweaks and error checks to recruiting logic.

You can now see exactly how many recruiting points have been allocated from each team in the View Recruit screen. This should help in determining how many recruiting points separate the various schools.

You can now view the list of players a team is recruiting right in their team roster screen.

Increased font size in tournament brackets as well as various button sizes

Tweaks to difficulty in free throw practice drill

Added ZPI rankings list to the Polls & Standings section

Misc bug fixes, including My Career and Play Tournament screens.

Tweaks to Main Menu screen layout.

ENJOY!
Old 01-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #37
Rookie

zolnier's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey all! Version 1.2.05 is about to be released! Here are the highlights:

College BBALL Coach Updated to Version 1.2.05!
DATABASES ARE STUPID!

Well, we're excited to say that we have identified the MAJOR cause of some of the strange schedule, player and game sim issues that some people have been having and it's related to the database platform that the game uses to store (and update) most of the data it needs. Turns out that this database platform has some undocumented MAJOR inconsistencies when writing/updating large amounts of data on mobile devices and, gee - updating 3,490+ players, teams and schedules is a prime example of 'large' amounts of data! This issue has been driving us NUTS, to say the least! That said, we have been working diligently to ensure that the game handles this frustrating deficiency appropriately and all seems much better now. We'll continue to monitor this platform and address any other workarounds as necessary, but you should find a LOT more consistency now!

Reputation increases! Yes, you asked for it and now if you have a few successful seasons with a team, you just might find your team has been awarded a reputation increase! And they say hard work doesn't pay off!

You can now see the reputation (stars) rating for each team at the top of their roster screen.

Extra roster validation check (beyond the fixes mentioned above) at the beginning of each season.

Small tweaks to recruiting logic.

Addressed mRand error that a few people have been getting during recruiting.

Minor tweak to ZPI and team ranking calculations.

Update should be live on all app stores shortly!
Old 02-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #38
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Very interested in this, what does the in app purchases offer in the latest version and what am I missing out on just buying the .99 version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 02:10 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
Very interested in this, what does the in app purchases offer in the latest version and what am I missing out on just buying the .99 version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely recommend a purchase for 99c. It's a fun little game. The IAP though, is mostly editing features (with the exception of the recruiting bonuses but you don't really need them). I think the team and conference edits are of value, but pick your own team and edit players not so much. You get new offers after every season, so you can change teams.

That's just my thoughts. Overall though, the game is lots of fun. I've played in on the bus for the last 2 weeks and had a blast. Some games get pretty tense. I play them on the slowest speed, which still only takes less than a minute to complete a game.

Never seen an overtime game though. Is that a feature that could be implemented?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #40
MVP

Probably the most talented team I've had but an extremely disappointing season ending in the round of 32

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »