Home

Live took critisisms of Park and turned pro-am into a great mode

This is a discussion on Live took critisisms of Park and turned pro-am into a great mode within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Live took critisisms of Park and turned pro-am into a great mode

Being able to play on all these legendary courts in a street style game is amazing
Old 09-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Yeah...what's the point of this thread? Does it make sense to compare arcade mode Park to Live's Pro Am instead of 2k's Pro Am. Let's also ignore the countless videos talking about all the changes in the other game. Like literally every video talked about zig zag elimination, overpowered 7 footers and a whole bunch of others.
No ones speaking about 2k16 park. The premise of the thread is simple, that Live clearly made pro-am with the intent of avoiding the massive exploits park had. Everyone constantly complained about 7 foot small forwards who could do everything, so live implemented skill caps. They complain about zig zaggings, it's not even presented I'm live. Screen under the basket? 3 second violation.

How are we supposed to compare it against something no one has played? Even if you don't want to compare it against Park compare it against Jordan rec league. Same king of modes. However pro am has eliminated the majority of issues people had.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 PM   #11
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Lol everything said in the OP was in Live 14. I do admit that the various problems were avoided, but they were avoided before Live's Pro-Am was even a thing lol. Skill caps were since 15 and height restrictions were there from 14 on. Glad people are noticing this now though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
Pro

Can't really tell if lives pro am is a great mode. It's been one day of a demo. Seen a few clips with OP spin moves and dribbling skills from centers. 3pt shooting success is pretty high too.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #13
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Pro-Am is just as bad as(if not worse than) the Park minus the wait times. Poor animations, lag(although less than the Park), easy access to the paint, poor rebounding, poor defense and there are still cheese tactics available; this is miles behind the Park.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

And 2K just did the same exact thing...

Removed zig-zag cheese
Implemented positional height restrictions
Different scoring styles
Old 09-16-2015, 08:08 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

I understand the need to compete, but I honestly feel like it was a bad idea for Live to take on a mode that is so heavily reliant on solid and balanced gameplay, when their gameplay is such a (perpetual) work in progress.

Its easy to sit back and learn from the mistakes of others, but when you are put under that same microscope will your own gameplay allow for those fixes to shine?

to that question i'll say that i saw a guy chain spin move down the court, and into the paint through a parade of defenders for a bucket...

...he didnt zig-zag tho.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 09-16-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:55 AM   #16
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I understand the need to compete, but I honestly feel like it was a bad idea for Live to take on a mode that is so heavily reliant on solid and balanced gameplay, when their gameplay is such a (perpetual) work in progress.

Its easy to sit back and learn from the mistakes of others, but when you are put under that same microscope will your own gameplay allow for those fixes to shine?

to that question i'll say that i say a guy chain spin move down the court, and into the paint through a parade of defenders for a bucket...

...he didnt zig-zag tho.
The chain of dribble moves through the paint is FAR worse than zig zag. Guys were complaining about stringing together dribble moves with no consequence on 2K, Live has them beat by a country mile in terms of brokeness of dribbling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »