Home

If NBA Live gets good reviews would you get both 2k and Live?

This is a discussion on If NBA Live gets good reviews would you get both 2k and Live? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2014, 01:59 AM   #25
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: If NBA Live gets good reviews would you get both 2k and Live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
I rent 2k every year to see if the feel has improved and every year I still buy live.
Every year huh? So, how was Elite 11, Live 12, and Live 13? I heard they were pretty memorable...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #26
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Getting 2k to play with friends. And live to play offline.

Live will probably be dead online and their servers weren't much better either. Games were always lagging. So offline only .

And The A.I in 2k plays cheesy and cheap IMO and it feels like I'm playing the same player/team over again. So I'm only playing with friends .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #27

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I wanna get both if Live plays well, but I just dont think im gonna have the time to invest in 2 different basketball titles. I plan to spend the $5 for EA Access and check out the early Live trial. Its gonna have to wow me to get me to pull the trigger. I really wanna be forced to get both though. 2K is always a no brainer because despite its flaws I get an enjoyable experience every year. I stopped playing 2K14 in early August. 10 months with a sports title is pretty good.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 12

If Live were on PC I'd definitely pick it up. I really don't get why people think its "cool" to be so negative. I get if someone has a strict budget and can only go with one game, 2k has been a very solid game for a long time.

But in this hypothetical, money is no issue scenario, why would you not buy it and see what it does well and give feedback on what needs improvement.

We're seeing an awesome new direction from gaming developers, where fan feedback is a bigger and bigger aspect of the direction of the games we play. Why not be a part of that process, if you love basketball and gaming.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #29
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
If Live were on PC I'd definitely pick it up. I really don't get why people think its "cool" to be so negative. I get if someone has a strict budget and can only go with one game, 2k has been a very solid game for a long time.
People are not trying to be cool by being negative. People try to be cool by being a tough critic. As if they are hard to please. "If I'm pleased, then it must be good". Some feel it gives them more credibility.

Quote:
But in this hypothetical, money is no issue scenario, why would you not buy it and see what it does well and give feedback on what needs improvement.
Because some people don't have the time and patience to be, what they would consider, beta testers, focus group, or what have you. Some people, on principle, choose to not support what they would feel to be poor effort. Others just don't like the company. Just giving you list of reasons people have. Some reasonable, others not.

Quote:
We're seeing an awesome new direction from gaming developers, where fan feedback is a bigger and bigger aspect of the direction of the games we play. Why not be a part of that process, if you love basketball and gaming.
Totally agree!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
People are not trying to be cool by being negative. People try to be cool by being a tough critic. As if they are hard to please. "If I'm pleased, then it must be good". Some feel it gives them more credibility.

Because some people don't have the time and patience to be, what they would consider, beta testers, focus group, or what have you. Some people, on principle, choose to not support what they would feel to be poor effort. Others just don't like the company. Just giving you list of reasons people have. Some reasonable, others not.

Totally agree!
Fair enough, but then some people have all the time in the world to trash the game repeatedly. Obviously I'm not talking about the people who don't even consider Live and happily game and comment only on the other game.

Perspective is an interesting thing, in a sense as sports gamers, we're all beta testing for next years game each year. We can either be a part of the development process, in some small way or we can be a hindrance to it.

It all goes back to what I've heard developers say; by cluttering threads with "hate" or "poison" you are literally making the game worse by drowning out constructive feedback which can be used to make a game better.

That's the only thing I'd love for people to get. If something is broken or implemented poorly? Ok point it out in a descriptive way and if you're feeling ambitious, suggest a new direction. If not just stay away from the game and don't get in the way of people who do want to take the time to help developers make a better game.

I know I'm getting a bit off topic but wanted to respond to your comment. And I know you get what I'm saying so it's just a general thought.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #31
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Clipper, tell me what you think. Game A comes out and has some pretty bad facets to it. A handful of user call the game on these issues. One, or maybe more, goes overboard and says people should be fired. But the rest make harsh, but reasonably accurate comments to these bad aspects of the game. Next thing you know, a couple of people come on to offer rebuttals to the points made by the guy that went overboard, but at the same time, defend the issues listed by the others on the platform of "it has potential" or "you're not giving the game a chance", or better "that issue is minor". Next thing you know, the "you're a fanboy" mudslinging starts. What do you do with that dynamic? How do you stop that cycle?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-29-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #32
Pro

Dude you know that with some people, you can't do anything about that so you ignore it and hide their posts. But behavior is going to be dictated by the community culture. If those mudslinging, extreme comments are ignored, by the vast majority of the community the behavior will extinguish gradually.

It's impossible to eradicate it but the point is to drown it out with intelligent constructive feedback. So basically you can say the same thing in a structured well thought out way or blurt out based on uncontrolled emotion. I'm not saying anything revolutionary, it's just the most basic common sense with a little bit of critical thinking skills.

I personally like hearing well though out ideas to improve games, to me venting and bashing aimlessly accomplishes nothing. The Devs who actually take the time to read the post eventually just tune the emotional bashing out anyways.

My take, as I originally said is if were available on my system of choice I'd definitely give it a try, there would be things I didn't like but I'd try to figure out what's not doing it for me and why and express it. I'm trying to encourage this two way communication that's becoming a trend with developers.

I mean there was a Live Dev asking for direct input on what this community wanted to see in future dynasty modes. As a gamer that should be exciting not an invite to be rude to a person who's just doing their job and trying to get us involved so that we'll be happy with the game.

Again these are just general statements not directed at you specifically. And no not everyone has to think like me, that's fine, no biggie. Game on

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »